“Must Have Gelato!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Must Have Gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this gelateri four times on our five day stay in Rome. This is fantastic gelato and the staff are very keen to explain the flavours and encourage our basic Italian. Try the coffee flavour, it's strong but very good! €3 for a three scoop cone.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Rome, Italy
“Best Ice-Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have you ever asked yourself which is the best place to have an ice-cream in Rome? I Caruso will let you taste the best ones you've ever had! Try it!

Visited September 2013
Cheshire
“Gorgeous ice-cream and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found this place near our hotel thanks to Trip Advisor and it is definitely worth a visit. The ice-cream was gorgeous (the amaretto, chocolate and pistachio were particularly delightful) but I was also impressed with the service.

We have a shameful lack of Italian and he did his best to assist us - even letting our little ones test flavours before choosing. There were also benches in the shade outside to sit and enjoy your treats. Recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Undiscovered by the mass, best of Roma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Just had another cup, without doubt the best of Roma.

We had some different very crowded #1 Gelateria Icecreams here in Rome, however by accident we came accross I Caruso. After you had your Pinsere Pizza, go to I Caruso.

Tip: take the egg-nug whipped cream!

Rome, Italy
“Meets expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have heard about this for months and finally got a chance to check it out. I Caruso does not disappoint; the flavors are creative but not silly--best Pistacchio di Bronte I've had in Rome, good crema (with strong hint of lemon which I liked) and something called Non Plus Ultra (crema with mascarpone and some sort of fudge swirl) which was amazing. Together with the cheese shop across the street and a number of great local restaurants nearby, worth going out of your way.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Gelateria I Caruso? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gelateria I Caruso, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.