“Worth the walk!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gelateria I Caruso

Gelateria I Caruso
Via Collina13/15 | oppure Piazzale Adriatico oppure via di castel porziano 424/426 oppure via Gadames, 00187 Rome, Italy
+39 (0)6 42918674
Dining options: Late Night
Canberra, Australia
“Worth the walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

It's less than a 10 minute walk from the Termini area and really easy to find...just look for the queue of locals out the door!

They have fresh, seasonal flavours plus some familiar favourites. I had pistachio and coffee...the coffee was seriously strong but really excellent and the pistachio was the best I've had in Italy.

82% Recommend
  • Greek first
Atlanta
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this gelateria after walking my feet sore. I plan on stumbling back everyday until I leave. Delicious...especially the pistachio!

Bath, United Kingdom
“The best gelato I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have had gelato many times on both this and a previous trip to Italy. I can quite easily say that this is by far the best gelato I have ever eaten in my short time on Earth. The consistency and creaminess is unparalleled, we ended up eating two medium cups inside (it was raining) before getting a small cone to go. The banana flavour was so real it was actually like eating a banana, and the dark chocolate was full of chocolatey flabour without being overwhelmingly sweet. Needless to say they complemented each other perfectly. This is one of those places you do not find too many tourists, just lots of Rome residents. They are there for a reason, believe the hype, just go.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Our favorite Gelato in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having tasted gelato all over Rome, we voted this one our favorite. Flavors to die for - will definitely be back!

Visited April 2013
Singapore
“Hubby sought this Gelateria out.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

.....thanks to all the reviews here. This Gelateria has been on my hubby's mind since we arrived in Rome. He talks about it everyday. Today, we deliberately headed out to this neighborhood to try the Gelato. It was a Monday afternoon and upon arrival, we saw locals hanging out by the shop savoring their gelato. What is even more heartwarming is seeing local kids devouring their gelato with their grandparents helping them.

Well, our friend told us GROM has the best gelato in Italy. If you compare GROM and Caruso, they all serve their gelato from metal containers. Yup, you never get to see you gelato till you actually buy it. We tried the hazelnut and pistachio. It is awesome. GROM's famous for their dark chocolate gelato without milk. So we can't compare. Both are just as good.

Opposite Caruso, is this amazing cheese store. Yup, we saw restaurants popping over to buy their mozzarella.
This is a quiet district, and the trip has satisfied by hubby's delight in life's small little pleasures.

Visited April 2013