“Fantastic Roman Christmas thanks to Alex and Domi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #297 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: A journey through the history of arts in Rome, Florence, Naples and not only, that will give you a glimpse of one of the world’s most scenic landscapes. Our tours of Italy are designed in order to allow the tourist get in touch with Italy’s main historical and cultural features, all the way up to the magic of our cuisine. From town to town, we will follow your itinerary to be wherever you want us to be.
Sacramento, California, United States
“Fantastic Roman Christmas thanks to Alex and Domi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was fortunate to spend two weeks in Rome this past Christmas with my 18 year old daughter. I am a high school history teacher who specializes in Ancient Roman history and Renaissance history. I was introduced to Alex and Domi by a colleague of mine. I was extremely happy with their services. I used them on four of the days and it was the best decision I could have made. Alex was always on time and met me at the hotel all four days. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. I speak Italian fluently and we had a great time. We used him not only in Rome for three days but for a day trip to Florence to visit the Ufizzi and the Academia Museums. We were joined on two of the days by a lovely and knowledgable young lady by the name of Domi. Her knowledge of the Vatican Museum and the Basilica of St. Peter were exceptional. Having taught both Ancient Roman history and the Renaissance for nearly twenty years, I was happy that I actually learned so many facts that I did not know and that I now share with my students. This is the way to do it if you want a true Italian experience using some fantastic locals. We will be using them again this summer. We have definitely found two true gems.

Visited December 2013

australia
3 attraction reviews
“Rome driver and your guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Reliable, friendly and knowledgeable, Alex was the perfect person to take us on a day tour of Pompeii and positano. We were collected at our apartment in Rome at 7am and driven to Pompeii where Alex arranged a guide for us. We then went onto positano for lunch then back to Rome by 6pm. It was a long day driving but very worth it. Alex kept us entertained during the journey with his history lessons of Rome and surrounds. Will definitely use again even for airport pick ups.

Timaru
123 attraction reviews
“One Fine Day~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have travelled solo, joined large tours and personalised tours for eons and admittedly, this has been one of those unexpected tour that left a lingering smile on my face. I didn't know beforehand if he's going to drop me there and that I would be left to my own device or that he would accompany me. It so happened that he was right by my side the whole time. Furthermore, he liked to negotiate through short cuts to enable me to get to my destinations sooner rather than later:) You warmed up to Alex immediately as he's an affable person and he took a genuine interest in people. I think the most important thing of all is his absolute passion and affection for his profession and his heritage (rightly so). He picked me up in a large van (Benz Vito) and it's comfortable but what mattered is that he's a confident driver that maneuvered the road with aplomb without compromising the safety of his passengers. Every time I asked questions, Alex would answer them but he didn't stop there. He would then linked up his story with other places of interest in Roma or Italia. Alex would encourage me to visit those places in my own time & that he would provide me with hints of things to look for. Talking about an interactive experience, this is as good as it gets. I wouldn't go that far to proclaim Alex to be a real life version of Wikipedia but he's truly competent with history. He's wildly entertaining too with his insight on live music (a passion that we both share) and the list goes on. I spent half a day with Alex as we treaded through Villa Adriana and the Necropolis at Cerveteri and I have already started plotting of our next (mis)adventures together in the near future. As I said to Alex before I left, the highlight of today is not places that I visited but Alex himself! Alex does provide a comprehensive list of places that his company could take you but he's also able to organise a personalised package for you too. Because he's got a nine seater van, he's able to drop you right in front of places of interest literally! There are more restrictions with commercial buses of where they can stop. Alex's English is impeccable (with American twang). Alex is also the owner of the business and so, any inquiry that you may have online, he would answer them rapidly. And so, the personalised service started even before the tour began! Highly recommended!!

Visited December 2013
“If you only have one day in Rome call Alex!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We were flying out of Rome after a wonderful vacation in Tuscany. We decided to overnight in Rome since we had an early flight the next day and we thought we would try to get a sense of what we might want to see when we came back. We were talking to friends and they said "You have to call Alex!"
They were absolutely right! We had Alex meet us out at the car rental drop off and he did wonderful job of touring us through Rome in less than 8 hours. We got a chance to see the Trevi Fountain, a tour of the Vatican, the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, the Spanish Steps, as well as a running commentary about life in Rome and life in Italy while we visited wonderful viewpoints.

Alex had a great delivery; a mixture of history with humour that was informative and entertaining for everyone in a group which was a wide range in ages.

So if you have only one day to spend in Rome, call Alex!

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Private transportation tailored to your needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I hired Alex to take me, my mother and my niece on a private tour of Rome. As we had already seen several places on our own he suggested other sites that were not as easy to reach via public transportation including a piazza with a panoramic view of Rome and a drive through Trastevere. Alex also coordinated our day with a private tour of the Vatican and advised me via email about how to handle purchasing tickets online to save time. As we were in Rome during a heat wave we ended up hiring Alex to take us on a day trip to the Amalfi coast so we could ride in air conditioned comfort and see spectacular scenery without worrying about driving, parking and finding the best places to shop and eat - Alex took care of all that. Our day trip from Rome included stops in Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. I would definitely recommend Alex for touring Rome and it's surrounding areas. He is very knowledgeable, and can help travelers make the most of their time in Italy.

Visited August 2012