“We wish we could keep this hotel a secret- Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Via del Biscione, 6, 00186 Rome, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
florida
“We wish we could keep this hotel a secret- Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We didn’t think we would be back so soon but we were sure glad our plans did give us a few days in Rome again. (One year to the week of last year’s visit we came back). We booked months in advance and I’m so glad we did. WOW, have prices jumped in just one year! Could it be the incredibly great reviews that have made this a hotspot? I almost don’t want to write how wonderful this boutique hotel is so that we can keep the secret to ourselves but that wouldn’t be fair to the hotel and the incredible staff, which deserve the recognition. We walked in through the front door and there was Adam. I greeted him by name. He smiled, looked at me for a few seconds (trying to remember us) and said, tell me where you are from and when I did, he remembered us right away. (No, he didn’t recognize us simply by our reservation because he remembered details of a conversation from our stay the year before- how’s that for friendly and personal reception). Thanks Adam for remembering us and providing us with your top service! The entire staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed and to make your stay the best it can be. Adam made the same restaurant recommendation for dinner at La Scala and took care of making our reservations and yes, it was amazing. (Check out our review on the restaurant, you won’t be disappointed.) Adam also helped us with our plans to visit the Vatican. Our plans, which we told him about, would have been disastrous because of the day of our visit (and he was right). He arrange for a private tour which was outstanding and worth it. This year we did not get the blue room of last year, (I think it’s the most photographed room). Instead we overlooked the square where the nightlife goes on till the wee hours of the morning. I understand many people complain about the loud crowds, but it didn’t bother us, we were too tired and on the second night, it rained so it kept everyone away. If you are a light sleeper, the room across the hall (104) or the blue room would be better. Our room (102, I believe) was a little larger than last year’s room but the bathroom was a bit smaller; nonetheless it is comfortable, with a touch of romantic decor and most importantly it’s clean (and there is a safe) and the bathrooms are definitely updated, and amenities perfect. Remember this is Europe where rooms tend to be small. The rooftop is the place to be with a bottle of wine to complete the day and watch the sunset or just gaze at the lights of the city. To start the day there is a very nice breakfast area in the library (as they call it) below the main floor with a wonderful spread of cold or warm foods including cheeses and meats. The juices are delicious. And let the staff make you some cappuccino – it’s very good. The lady who works this dining area (same lady from last year) works incredibly hard, and although she speaks little English, she attends to your every desire; she is a sweetheart. The entire staff is very welcoming. But you have to admit the location makes this hotel even that much more perfect. It’s a close walk to almost anywhere. The weekend market in the Piazza Campo de' Fiori is definitely a highlight for us. Try the fresh pears; they are so sweet and juicy. We would return in a heartbeat, and probably will. Oh and as we learned last year, email the hotel and let them take care of your transfer arrangement to and from the airport instead of getting a cab- it’s the same price but the service is guaranteed, as is the price. (We gave this hotel an excellent review last year but for some reason, I noticed that our review never uploaded, sorry!) This year the increase in the price was a bit disappointing but it's location, staff, and overall accommodations keeps us coming back.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper- you don't want a room overlooking the square
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Severino, Manager at Hotel Campo De' Fiori, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
“We wish we could keep this hotel a secret- Wonderful”
Your title is truly flattering and this is pleasing to read especially noticing that you have already written 10 hotel reviews. This experience gives you a special way of comparing your stays in hotels. Another statement which caught my eye was that you stayed with us last year as well and you gave us a 5 point rating also. These two stays with us indicate that we only get better and never worse because having received a 5 point review the second time around as well indicates that we are on the right road. . .
“(We gave this hotel an excellent review last year but for some reason, I noticed that our review never uploaded, sorry!)”
I also appreciated that you referred very highly to our staff and this is truly important for us since we do not act as other hotels do where you just receive the facilities and that’s it, we also thrive on an excellent staff enabling us to excellerate on hosting as well since we believe that this is as important as the facilities and location. I suggest to all, to read your review and to take a look at our website. Our website enables all to understand why we are so appreciated by our guests. What a better way to understand where one is going to stay than to see updated photos, descriptions, suggestions, special rates and much more.
Since you’ve been with us now 2 times I’d like to use an Italian phrase in this situation,
There is no 2 without 3!
Best regards,
The Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Korean first
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Rome and we were apprehensive about selecting the right location. Hotel Campo De'Fiori was perfect. From our hotel we walked to all the major attractions.. from the Spanish Steps to the Colosseum to the wonderful dining district of Trastevere. Perhaps my favorite part was waking up to the outdoor market every day with fresh pomegranate juice, vegetables and herbs. By evening, the square is transformed into a dining district. Staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful, arranging transportation, hiring guides, giving directions and advice. We lounged at the rooftop garden multiple times with glasses of wine. While our room was spacious and clean, it was across from the main hotel and did not reflect the pictures on their website. However, it overlooked what became one of our favorite restaurants. Oh, and do not miss the macaroon shop around the corner! So much to see and do. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you are booked into the apartments across from the hotel, you will be carrying your luggage up st...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
“Perfect location for a walking vacation of Rome”,
You title indicates what most hotels wish they had but unfortunately for them they do not, “LOCATION”! As you state one can walk to any site in Rome and not get tired being all within a walks distance. By staying with us one is able to live as the Romans do by taking advantage of the market located on the Piazza Campo de’ Fiori and this is something that not all can do. The fresh fruit, erbes, great pizza and sandwiches all freshly done and warm right from the oven. What more can one ask for once having location, fresh and healthy food and the list goes on such as our Roof top terrace. In reference to our apartments, this is one of the major reasons we suggest to all of our guests to take advantage of our website where one may see photos of our rooms as well as our apartments. The locations of each one and especially important the special offers for our rates which can only be found on our website. We highly suggest to all to take advantage of the special offers because they are truly, “an offer which cannot be refused.”
Let’s conclude with a few words that you have used but which in reality say it all,
“We will definitely be back.”
It will definitely be a pleasure to have you with us once again.
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My trip to Rome had to be well planned because our schedule was particularly tight: I had to find an hotel in a good location for a reasonable price to have a strategic advantage while visiting the many sights distributed in that beautiful city.
My first priority it is always (and always will be) location: well, I can't explain how well located is the Hotel Campo de' Fiori. It is nicely located in the heart Rome meaning that its guests are able to reach the main sights by walking. This is, in my opinion, an enormous advantage in a city not-so-public-transport friendly like Rome. A plus is the fact that just around the hotel corner you are in one of Rome's most charming squares with at least 7 typical italian food restaurants...and I mean it.
The hotel by itself, I mean its rooms, cleanliness, furniture it's of a extremely high taste. I actually do not particularly care but this time it was impossible not to observe how new and well maintained is this Rome pearl. Perfect!
The breakfast it is well, nothing special, but very well done and well run, with fresh fruits, cappuccinos, great cafes and etc. All in all, very good.
The staff, well, they make you fell at home from the moment you step in. They are extremely friendly, cool....easy going and always prepared to offer you the best possible experience. Excellent!!!
Maybe you are asking about the value. Well, I think that the experience to stay at this Pearl was amazing and valued every penny. I know that, making some research you might find cheaper spots, but believe me, you won't find any place as well located and all in all so perfect as this one.
Special thanks to all the hotel staff and specially to Valentina: they helped to make our stay at the Hotel Campo de' Fiori simply unforgettable!
We will back many times!

Room Tip: Do not miss the terrace! You will be amazed by the terrific view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
“Simply Perfect”
Your title doesn’t need to be elaborated on. It covers all aspects of your stay with us. I would like just to highlight some important points which you do indicate in your review,
“My first priority it is always (and always will be) location”, ”staff - Excellent!!!”, “furniture - extremely high taste”
And your list goes on. Thank you for such an elaborate review. I suggest to all of the readers of the Trip advisor reviews to take a look at our website where you can get a good idea of exactly what all the writers refer to since we receive almost total max point reviews. On our website one can see photos of all of our facilities, our special offers which can only be found on our website, indications on airport pick ups, private tours, location and many other interesting information.
I would like to conclude with your phrase,
“We will back many times!”
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked this early and made sure I got one of the rooms at the top with a private balcony. If you book early, you can really save as our friends booked a regular room a couple of months after we made our booking for the same dates and paid more for the basic room than we paid for the best room in the place.

The hotel is brilliantly located, being right alongside Campo de Fiori. It provides an excellent breakfast and the staff are very helpful and eager to please. This hotel has a brilliant multi-level terrace where you can go during the day or especially for a drink in the evening. You can always find a quiet nook for a quiet drink. The sunsets are spectacular and you get fantastic views of many of the key sites of Rome from the terrace. While we enjoyed our private balcony/terrace, it's not essential to have one of those rooms given the expansive room area.

The hotel really is an ideal location for those early morning walks before Rome's tourist hordes awake. We spent a week here and I would rise before sun-up and roam the streets. It's extremely safe to do so given that all the major sites have overnight Guardia on patrol.

A word of caution. Don't fall into the trap of believing those reviews of the bland eating establishments in the campo. Go left at the front door as you leave the hotel and go visit Grotte Del Teatro Di Pompeo. It took me a few days to stumble across this restaurant and once I did, I never ate anywhere else at night, it's that good.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor with balcony for a little extra room, and a lovely private balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Severino, Manager at Hotel Campo De' Fiori, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
before referring to your review I need to say that your statistics are truly impressive!
You have visited, “51 cities” and have written, “36 hotel reviews”! You reserved a top floor room with private balcony so the top that we have but all of our rooms are top being all furnished in the same manner and all have modern comforts. Our location sees to it that you are always site seeing even just as you walk out of the hotel front door. You look straight ahead and you see a frescoed building dating back to the 1400’s and what a better way to start the day than seeing a masterpiece immediately leaving the hotel. You mention a particular restaurant located nearby the hotel but we also have others as well as some of Rome’s best pizzerias nearby.
I need to say that receiving from a tripadvisor review writer (36 hotel reviews) such a positive review really makes others understand that what is offered with us in reality is not offered in other facilities. I would like to sum up using your title,

“Perfection in Roma”
What else can one say!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The location is perfect in relation to most of the tourist sights, the nightlife around this location can get a bit loud in the early mornings over the weekend.

The staff and accommodation can not be faulted very good and very accommodating offering suggestions of tours and restaurants.
We had a great sty and I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Your title,
“Rome”
Means it all. History, culture, beauty, knowledge, modern and contemporary all at the same time! A positive explosion that one will remember for a lifetime. You have used a few words to describe your stay in a very positive way and I would like to thank you for this. I do like your final words,
“We had a great sty and I will definitely return.”
We will definitely love to have you with us once again.
Best regards,
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in mid October and had a fantastic time.
Located in the heart of Rome and really not a long walk to all the major attractions. Great restaurant around the corner called Elle Effe.
Room 401 was very different and interesting. Furnishings with a boudoir style. Room not huge but adequate and quiet at night.
Bathroom was small but recently refurnished so was modern and worked well.
Staff always welcoming and friendly and very engaging.
Breakfast included and a fair selection – loved the classical music in the background!A highlight is the 6th floor roof terrace that overlooks Rome. We enjoyed our evenings listening to the bells and other noises of city life arising from the streets with a glass of wine.
Definitely a strong recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
what can I saw about a 5 point (max) review,
“for 4 nights in mid October and had a fantastic time.”
and noticing that you have written 14 hotel reviews! This means that you have more than just travelling experience but are able to judge on a vast experience and having rated us with a max review, this does mean something special to us. You mention location, furnishings, staff, terrace and something that not all write about and that is the classical music which one hears during breakfast. I do not want to enter into all that has been written but I do suggest to all to take a look at our website to understand what our review writers are referring to. I would like to conclude with your concluding phrase,
“Definitely a strong recommendation.”
Thanking you once a gain for having taken time out to write this lovely review.
Sayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Just returned following a week in this charming hotel. We loved the 'feel' of the place, not to mention the helpful staff, great location and attention to little details that women especially want. Anything we wanted or needed was close at hand, such as ATM's, a taxi stand, supermarket (for wine), an outdoor market for little gifts to take home and numerous lovely places to dine. The very friendly staff was eager to make sure we enjoyed our stay, and they succeeded.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Severino, Manager at Hotel Campo De' Fiori, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
In your review you have highlighted our recent renovation,
“We loved the 'feel' of the place,”
As mentioned the sum of all the situations, location, facilities, staff and I’d like to mention one left out, roof top terrace made you stay with us,
“we enjoyed our stay, and they succeeded.”
Thank you for your top review and we do hope to have you with us in the future once again. For those that have not stayed with us yet I would like to highlight to take a look at our website where you can see photos, special offers (that only here one can select), descriptions and suggestions. A website which is hard to beat and makes one understand exactly what our guests refer to with their 5 point evaluations.
The Manager

Been to Hotel Campo De' Fiori? Share your experiences!