“Our best experience in Rome so far” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #541 of 8,759 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brussels, Belgium
“Our best experience in Rome so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best restaurant we have been so far in Rome. Great and original italian food, good service. Good value. Often full. You better book in advance if you want a table.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant is off the Via Natzionale. The food is excellent quality, and the service good. I had a guinea fowl salad, followed by a pasta dish with broad beans both were delicious. My husband had itallian sausage with grapes, followed by wild boar with chocolate and vinegar, with a side dish of pepporonata, we shared a good tiramasu. This together with bread/ a bottle of water and a glass of wine came to 69 euros. book as was quite full

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Terrific service and interesting menu options. My husband and I ordered two hand made pastas, one with duck ragu and the other with fava beans. Both delicious and fresh. We also ordered a rabbit dish and a fish that had an onion sauce on it which was also very good. The highlight was the dessert-- strawberries with ricotta that was airy and fresh.

Visited May 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great food at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just got back from a week in Rome and took the "Rough Guide" recommendation to visit this small restaurant on a tucked away side street. It was by far the best value restaurant we visited and my only regret is that we did not go again. The cuisine is way above the standard pizza/ pasta fare offered in most places - I had wild boar with chocolate and balsamic sauce for about 17 euro. The staff were excellent and helped my wife, who has intolerance to cow products, to identify a good menu choice. And it was the only place we ate that that did not add an extra 15% service charge on the bill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious, inexpensive food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We insisted on a table outside and discovered the road may be small, but it can be quite noisy. The food was surprisingly good for such a simple looking restaurant. I had a delicious bean and pea soup, followed by liver in a delicate vinegary sauce. My daughter had pasta, which was fresh and cooked to perfection. But there was NO tiramisu, so we had to do what the Romans do and go find an ice-cream shop for dessert! As will most Italian restaurants you have to pay extra for bread, water or any vegetables/salad. The staff were efficient and friendly and we were even more pleasantly surprised when the bill came to discover it was less expensive than the guide book had suggested.
This is not one of Rome's best or fanciest restaurants, but I would recommend it for the food and the surrounding Monti area is young and vibrant. I would also recommend booking for dinner as it was quickly full.

• Visited May 2013