“Nice restaurant for lunching by Vatican” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cork, Ireland
“Nice restaurant for lunching by Vatican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I lunched at this restaurant following a visit to the Vatican museums. The staff were friendly, food was reasonably priced & very tasty and service good. I ordered ravioli with meat sauce washed down with a glass of red wine while my boyfriend ordered a ham & mushroom pasta dish with dark beer. We both got delicious tiramisu & cappuccino after. It seemed like a place both locals & tourists would frequent.

Wash DC
“Handy to Vatican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

L'Abruzzese was on the corner by my hotel and I ate there about three times. It was good, the service was fast. The food was a little better than OK. I had some 'suckling pig' that was very dry and tastless.

Visited January 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Comfy food near the Vatican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to L'Abruzzese on a sunday night, when most of the restaurants were closed or about to close. We were the only tourists, what seemed a good sign. As starter we chose tomato bruschetta and suplli, a small fried dumpling, delicious. My boyfriend ordered a pizza margherita and I chose the tagliatelli bolognese, that reminded me of my family's recipe, just loved it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Lake Tahoe, California
“A Wonderful Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Finally a meal like a remember from 30 years ago. It used to be you could walk into almost any restuarant in Rome and get a great meal. Not so much these days. Minimum required to get you fed and get them paid. Not here thankfully! I had a wonderful tagliatelle dish with mushroom and sausages. The house wine was was perfect. It seems a family runs it and the mother was so warm and welcoming.The prices were very reasonable: 7-10 euro for pasta. Absolutely a great choice near the Vatican.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Best meal in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate here on the first night of our stay and it really was the best meal we had in Rome. I had a fantastic pine nut and pesto tagliatelle and my boyfriend had a yummy pizza.

I had a small bottle of the Chianti and it was absolutely divine - you will get amazing Italian wine here.

To finish I had a limoncello and we were given complimentary Biscotti. For a 375ml bottle of red, 2 peronis, a limoncello, pasta and pizza - the bill was only 40 euro - fab!

Sitting out on a side street of Rome, watching the world go by, drinking Vino Rosso and eating delicious food - this is what Rome is all about.

We just wished we'd gone here for the two other nights of our trip. Thank you so much for the recommendation Luigi.

• Visited August 2012