“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The Visconti Palace Hotel was a very nice place to spend some days in Rome.

The location was very nice, just a few steps away to the Plazza Espagna (walking aprox. 10 min).

The stuff was ok, but not very close to the customers. The only thing that was very very negative is that the maids were a little bit annoying because it is not normal that at a 4 starts hotel the maid can enter without knocking the door!!! And this happened several times during our stay!

The best points to highlight
* The breakfast was wonderful!!
* The terraces were amazing (they have a roof top terrace were you can eat and drink and another one on the ground floor were you can relax and enjoy)

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for 4nights over new years 2013/14. It was our "mini" honeymoon as we just got married on December 21st. We booked several months ago through an agent that we use all the time. He contacted the hotel at the time and told them it was our honeymoon. The night before travelling however, I emailed the visconti palace for two reasons. Firstly to tell them our early flight meant we'd be there around 12noon and secondly, I reiterated the fact that it was my honeymoon and asked if they could do something to make our trip that little bit special. To date I have received no reply to my email.
When we arrived our room was not ready. We had to wait in the lobby for 20ish minutes. The reception staff's English was very poor across the board also. Whilst we waited we got to witness an argument between the manager and another guest over construction work in the hotel causing disturbance. Then, when we finally got into our room and opened the minibar, we found a pile of food, pasteries, croissants etc. That the previous guest had obviously stashed from the breakfast buffet a few days previously as they were mushy and smelly. I reported this to reception but the food was simply removed that night, leaving a disgusting mess in the minibar until the room was serviced the following morning.....
Which brings me to the housekeeping services... toilet rolls must be rationed at the visconti palace. We were left with less than a full roll throughout our stay. On our last day we came back to our room to find that what little toilet roll that we had left that mornig had been removed leaving us with nothing. My wife called reception and the poor english again came to the fore when a box of tissues was delivered to our room.
Finally, I had a problem with the wifi one evening, I called reception and got "come down I help you" as the phone was hung up.
The only good thing about this poor excuse of a hotel was the breakfast buffet was really good... I wonder if I'll ever get a reply to my email of January 2nd! All this after paying approx €650 for our 4 night stay.....best avoided!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alessio_Mucci, Direttore at Visconti Palace, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We value all comments from our guests, both positive and negative, and regret to learn when their expectations are not met.
We understand your disappointment for the inattentive and unfriendly service you received during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences you encountered while you and your wife were our guests - the issues you outlined are well below our usual standards we pride ourselves on and that our customers rightly expect.
Since we take very seriously any of ours guests’ feedback, I would like to reply at your highlighted complaints.
After an accurate investigation I could’ nt find trace of your email requesting special service and early check-in, but checking your reservation I can confirm that your room – a standard king size - was regularly assigned at 13.35 ( # 121 ) when usual check in time is 14.00.
Regarding problem occurred with the housekeeping , I confirm you that all the bathrooms are endowed with new 2 toilet paper rolls and one full paper tissue box and daily replaced. If this was not dispatched, please accept my apologize in this circumstance.
Regarding food inside the mini-bar, to be honest I have no chance to verify today, but if declared it I believe and also for this discomfort accept my apologize.
Hotel internal telephone procedure are very rigorous, and I have really very difficult to trust that someone at the front desk hanged the phone while you was talking and asking help to be connected wi-fi.
I wish to thank you for kinds words regarding the breakfast,

With my best regards

Alessio Mucci
Hotel Manager
Holly, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fabulous place to bring family. Staff extremely good with children, maid even lovingly picked up dolls from floor and arranged on bed. Breakfast exceptional with many choices. They need to expand restaurant service to lunch and dinner. Room and bath large and clean. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful even at 3 in the morning!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stay at Visconti for 3 days in November. Unfortunately it was cold and rainy, but the hotel was beautiful. Very comfortable stay and helpful staff. They had wifi, but it was down for a day or 2, and a little irregular (but still glad to have it when it worked). It was a good location, particularly to walk to the Vatican, but it is kind of a hike for non-walkers to other sites (but I might be a little biased because we were walking in the rain and cold, might have felt longer). But the hotel was great and staff very pleasant and always willing to get you a cab! Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great location - a nice stroll to Vatican City - If you want to be in the midst of everything this isn't for you. It is a walk into town but that's how we wanted it as many other places centrally were over priced for what they were offering.
Bedrooms are large, clean and have many amenities.
Breakfast was a smorgasboard but I thought the service at the bar in the foyer could've been a little better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

the hotel is an easy walk to the old centre of Rome, the Vatican area and the Piazza Popolo and Via Corsa in the other direction. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Very good breakfast selection.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel.
We stayed one week with our kids (4 and 6 years old).
The hotel has a wonderful location, really close to the Vatican. The rooms are confortable and silent.
Anyway we think that the best part of the hotel is its staff and above all, the ones who work at the Breakfast Room: they were always very helpful and friendly with the children. We remember Stefano, Roan and Stephanie who always had a smile on their faces and were extremely professional and friendly at the same time.
They really made us feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Visconti Palace? Share your experiences!