“we enjoyed our stay here for 3 nights , it was like a grand finale of our vaca” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel delle Muse

Ranked #212 of 1,264 hotels in Rome
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

we got a recommendation for delle Muse from Mr. Aizenman

www.Italy-vacation.com as part of our Vacation Italy /Toscana .

the warm Hospitality and the quite safe location were great .

Buffet breakfast was rich and unique .

we travel a lot and sure intend to come back again , our stay in other hotels of Rome was Noisy
Mr. Giorgio was very helpful , we used the Internet point free while in other places they wanted to charge us allot .

Our lunch in the Garden was also a Great surprise . one evening we walk to Oro’Isola d’ L at via Salaria 180
one of the best sea food restaurants we ever been , 10 minutes walk from the hotel .
to summarize , we enjoyed our stay here for 3 nights , it was like a grand finale of our vacation .

Jacob

• Liked — quietness location , easy to get to many places in Rome , good food , best money value cleanness & warm hospitality
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

I had read the other reviews but until you're there you won't understand how far from the center of Rome this hotel is. Near the hotel is nothing except houses, so you'll have to bus or taxi everywhere. I used the bus and had no problems, but factor in the time. A multi-day metro pass is worth its weight in gold: use it and save a fortune in taxi rides. My room was so small I couldn't believe it and it had two beds pushed together and I often fell through the cracks during the night. The first night I went down to the deskman at 2:30 am because of this bed issue and the lack of heat in the room on a cold night and he told me I'd be given a different room the next day. I t never happened. I had prepaid and figured I'd stick it out, and I did. I just learned to adjust my body to the position of the bed/beds and used EVERY blanket and bedspread in the closet. The bathroom was great, had a heated towel rack. The room had no carpeting and so very cold floors. The breakfast buffet was ok but not great but better than many. Restaurant staff was friendly and professional and the dinner food is absolutely WONDERFUL. The desk staff is haughty and imperious - never a smile or a kind look. Deadpan faces, brief answers to questions, quite condescending at times. Free computer use in lobby, free wifi in rooms. Thinking back now that I'm home, with some reservations about the bed and heat. it was a comfortable stay. But that bed crack really pissed me off.

• Liked — great restaurant food at dinner, safe quiet neighborhood
  • Disliked — ABSOLUTELY no smoking policy in the rooms. Smokers beware!!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

Stayed for 3 nights in November, 2007. Located in a residential area in the northern part of Rome. Very quiet area which was very nice. My single room was average size for a single but was 1 1/2 levels which was a little odd. You entered the room and had a small desk and bathroom and then went down 8 stairs to the bed and tv. Small bathroom with compact shower. Older hair dryer but worked well.

Free maps at desk and free high speed internet in rooms (if you didn't bring a cable you can get from the front desk). Wireless available in the lobby. (However, the last day I was there they were having internet problems so no internet available-I think they just needed to restart their modem but they didn't seem to know what to do.) They also had 3 computers in the lobby for guest use. Has a small elevator. 3 English tv stations (MTV, CNN, Fox News) in rooms. Has restaurant on site. Free hot and cold breakfast in the morning.

Need to take bus or taxi to get to the sites. Some cab fares I paid: 10 E to Vatican; Quoted 70 E from Airport but the hotel quotes 40 E to Airport; 10 E to Colessium; 12 E to train station (I paid 12 E coming from the hotel-I think I got hosed by having to pay 30 E from the station to the hotel unless hotel has some deal with a cab company).

I would have rated higher if there hadn't been internet problems and because of location. Good property but not convenient for site seeing.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

What a fabulous hotel! Situated in a quiet suburb north of Rome, this hotel is quiet, modern, and comes with a most gracious and helpful staff. Just being able to sleep in a quiet neighborhood, far from Rome's eternal noise was an enormous gift in itself. But the hotel is elegant, and the staff is outstanding. They gave me an internet cable, brand new, when the wi-fi wasn't working. No charge. They also have a lovely spread for breakfast, and the dinner we had in the restaurant was both delicious and economical. You take the 360 bus down to Termini, and it does add 20-30 minutes on your travel time around town, but I think the gains of the hotel are beyond worth it. Anyone who's stayed around Termini knows that it is both noisy and rundown. Room 250 in the Delle Muse has a delightful full bath and balcony overlooking the courtyard. Under the full moon, I thought this was the best hotel I'd stayed at in Italy. If you walk up to the Plaza to catch the bus, be sure to take in the view of the city. Shopping is quite close by and convenient as well. All in all, I think this hotel is a star in Rome, and though I hate to let the secret out, I think it's the perfect place to stay in Rome!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Appleton, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Italy and we stayed at the Hotel Delle Muse in Rome for 7 nights. We requested a room with private bath, a tub, no smoking and quiet and we had such a room. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are somewhat stark. I don't remember any paintings on the walls. Ceilings are high. The bathroom was very moderm with bidets and we had a spa bathtub which I enjoyed as well as a shower. This was actually a triple room as there was an extra single bed.

The housekeeping was excellent. The room was spotless and the housekeeper seemed to anticipate our needs. We took the extra pillow from the extra bed and the next day when our room was made up, we each had two pillows and the extra blanket we used was added to the made up bed. It seemed to me that sheets were changed daily as they were always very crisp. Towels were nice enough, with face towels and bath towels. The room floor was tiled and the halls are carpeted which could use replacement. It got quite cold and the heat is not usually turned on until November 1. After a day of cold, we did get heat.

Breakfast, included in the price of the room, offered a huge variety of food. There were all kinds of rolls, cheeses, fruit-dried, stewed, baked, fresh, canned, eggs, bacon, other meat, juices, all kinds of coffee and more. It is served in a very nice room and the staff is very nice.

The 360 bus stopped a block away and went to the main station Termini. This worked out well except for the Saturday when there was a big demonstation at the Termini. It took about 20 minutes to get downtown depending on traffic. The location of the hotel is a plus and a minus. It is in a neighborhood just north of the Borghese Gardens, which is a walkable distance, taking a bit over a half hour. The Pariole neighborhood is very quiet and away from the touristy areas That is the plus. There are a few but not many restaurants that we could find in the area. However, the location is also a minus in that it is not close to all of the sights. We found that once we came back to the hotel, which was often in the late afternoon or early evening, we did not want to go out again. Had we been downtown, we could have come back to the hotel to rest in the afternoon and gone out again.

In any case, we highly recommend the Hotel Delle Muse.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — probably the location,but this is not that bad
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel in October, 2007. The service is excellent, the staff gracious and helpful, the room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet is generous. All in all it would be the perfect hotel except that it is located so far away from the rest of the city. We had to allow for an hour to get to the main sites of Rome - and that involved a bus ride and a very long walk. We ended up relying on taxis because of the inconvenient location.

If you can get this hotel at a good price, I recommend using the savings for taxi rides. Otherwise, I would consider staying closer in to town.

• Stayed October 2007
San Rafael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We recently stayed at Hotel Delle Muse. We found the staff extremely helpful. It is a bit out of the way of central Rome but with buses, metro and taxis it was still relatively convenient. If you want to be right in the heart of all the main tourist attractions this is not the place, however, we felt very well cared for here and the staff always took time with us helping us with directions and places to visit. I had caught a bad cold while there and the wonderful woman at the desk wrote out for me in italian what I would need from the pharmacia which was right across the street. The pharmacist spoke little English but he wrote out instructions for me in Italian which the woman then interpreted for me. These little extras can go a long way when travelling.
We felt this type of service and price of the hotel (in these times of of the dollar doing so poorly relative to the euro) to have offset the location of the Hotel. Also it is located in a wonderful residential area where you can have a peaceful night's sleep. Three computers are in the hotel lobby and are available 24/7. One was always available when I wanted to use one. Use of internet is free which was great for keeping in touch with family.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Hotel delle Muse? Share your experiences!