“A Very Friendly Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Widnes, United Kingdom
“A Very Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a very friendly hotel we couldn't fault the staff, everyone of them was excellent.
The room was cleaned regularly,the breakfasts were second to none, and the meals in the garden restaurant were really good and reasonably priced.The help that we were given at the reception was invaluable. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a small hotel run by the owner, Mr Giorgio. Mr Giorgio went above and beyond to help us find an automatic rental car in the area. He made us feel like we were right at home. The hospitality could not match that of a five star hotel. The hotel was clean, and was a very friendly atmosphere. My husband and I would stay here again, and we highly recommend this hotel. Thank you Mr Giorgio for the warm hospitality!!

I rate this 5!!!

Room Tip: This is a small hotel run by the owner, Mr Giorgio. Mr Giorgio went above and beyond to help us find...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

After my first trip to Europe, I can say with confidence that I will never again take for granted friendly, welcoming people and good directions! The staff at Hotel delle Muse welcomed my sister and I like we were guests in their own homes, and every little thing they did helped us to have a safe, worry-free and incredible visit to Rome. (Which is now easily my favorite city I've ever been.)

Bus 360 was right up the block and took us everywhere we needed to go in the city, and we received wonderful recommendations and tips from the hotel staff. They were our living guidebooks!

Perhaps the best (and most unexpected) part of the experience was after I returned to the U.S. and realized I'd left my Kindle on the bed when we checked out of the hotel. I promptly emailed Giorgio, who not only had retrieved it, but gave me some options on how to ship it to the states as well. 10 days later, I received my Kindle in the mail and it didn't cost me a thing. Giorgio even followed up with me to make sure it arrived safely. I've never had such great customer care at a hotel, in the U.S. or otherwise!

I'll definitely go back to Hotel delle Muse next time I visit Rome. You can't judge a book by its cover, nor can you put a value on impeccable service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had stayed here ten years ago and my return trip did not disappoint. Giorgio Lazar and his staff go above and beyond in customer service. Located in a quiet residential district called Parioli, it's so nice to come back to a quiet location after the frenzy of central Rome. We were able to eat in the outdoor garden for our evening meals where the food is excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfasts are plentiful with a great selection of hot and cold dishes. Other friends have also stayed here on my recommendation and would return. This is not a fancy hotel but it provides very good value for your money in expensive Rome.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hotel delle muse is located in a neighbourhood area rather than tourist with not much going on round it. There are occasional cafes, restaurants and pharmacies near by.

Not directly in the centre but close enough to all attractions such as trevi fountain, colleseum, vatican if you are willing to catch bus or tram. These are very frequent around every 10 minutes and quickly take you from place to place. They run from 5:30am-12pm.

360 bus from hotel delle muse takes you to ungheria mainly where you can catch a different bus or tram to the sights such as number 19 to the vatican. You can also get the metro particularly line a to the colliseum.

A restaurant close to the hotel number 360 bus around the 3rd stop taking around 5 mins or walking distance taverna rossini. Lovely staff, excellent food not too expensive and I ate there 3 times in 4 days.

If you are looking to stay somewhere quiet this is suitable as there is not many bars shops restaurants etc.

The food in hotel has a wide choice and all the staff are lovely and helpful.

One recommendation make sure u take a 3 pin adapter!!!!

Overall really nice stay and trip, also can get 360 bus to termini station and catch terravision coach transfer to airport for 4 euros.

• Stayed June 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Hotel delle Muse is located on the outskirts of Rome, but it was very easy to reach the city center by the bus that picks up a couple of short blocks from the hotel. The hotel room we had (a triple) was a good size, but the beds were uncomfortable. The bathroom was really small, and there was some mold in the shower. The water pressure in the shower was very good, though. Three out of four people we spoke with at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet served each morning had a large assortment of pastries, plus fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausages.

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early June 2012. The staff was excellent. Always very helpful. We had a quad room and it was extremely clean. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. We ate at the hotel the first night and the food was very good. There is a local gelato bar a few blocks away that was excellent, although I can't remember the name. The hotel staff recommended it. The only drawback was that the a/c wasn't turned on and the room was a little stuffy and because you didn't have the hum from the a/c running, we always heard people talking in the hallway. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel delle Muse? Share your experiences!