“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 889 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Italian hospitality with a local professional driver/guide.Learn the secrets of Rome and Florence and of Italy explore the sites accompanied with a local expert.Feel confident . Ask us for a quote.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Agoura Hills, California
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My family and I recently took a trip through Europe on a cruise, stopping for three days in Italy. We took guided personal tours at each stop of our 3 week long trip (over 15 tours), and I can confidently say that easily the top three best tour guides we had through the entire trip all came from RomeDriving tours. We used RomeDriving Tours on our stops to Pisa and Florence, Rome, and then Naples/Amalfi Coast/Pompei; and my family can all tell you that these were our three favorite days of the trip. As much as I hate to say it, a good portion of whether my family and I liked each city was based upon the tour guide we had for that place. Each and every one of the guides were extremely nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. One of the biggest things my family found on the trip was that we tended to like the tour guides more if they spoke English well, and each of the guides at RomeDriving tours spoke English beautifully. Each of them were extremely polite, opening the door for each of us, listening to everything we said, and picking us up on time. They were each extremely outgoing and funny, which really made the tour enjoyable for my family. Because they each grew up in the area that they were giving us the tour of, they were very proud of that city and wanted us to be just as fond of the city as they were. And lastly, each and every one of these tour guides were extremely extremely knowledgeable. Each and every question we had for them, they gave us the answer with a big smile on their face. Without them as a guides, I really do feel my family and I would not have gained the knowledge and had quite as good of a time as we had with RomeDriving Tours. Each of them were great people, and I would highly highly recommend them to anyone thinking about going to Italy.

Visited July 2011

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“There are not words adequate enough to describe the FABULOUS esperience we had with Rome Driving Tours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband, I, and another couple hired Rome Driving Tours to guide us in Naples, Rome, and Florence. After doing a lot of research on line for a tour company in Italy, we found Luca to be most responsive, efficient and helpful via the phone and e-mail. We could not have made a better choice!!! Our first experience was with Giovanni in Naples, and he was personable, polite, and his knowledge of the area was superb. Since he lives in Sorrento, it was a bonus. He suggested where to shop and eat, and both choices were great. Then we met Paolo who drove us through Rome, and shared his vast scope of information with us. He took us to interesting sites, and had a reservations for us so we did not have to wait in line. The restaurant he chose for lunch was quaint with food that was delicious, and it gave us a real Roman experience. We shared some funny stories with him, and we all laughed so hard we had tears running down our faces. Manny was our last guide, and his scope of knowledge was equal to that of the others. He had an affection for Florence which we appreciated as he took us on our adventure there. His timing was perfect which enabled us to see as many sites as possible. He told us where not to shop (LOL), and where to find a good and quick lunch. We ended our day with the best gelato we ever tasted, and then we had our laughing time on the way back to our ship. If we ever visit Rome again, they would be the first call I would make because they made us feel so at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fort Myers, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing attention to detail with limited time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had the pleasure of touring Pisa and Florence with Manny, who was informative, fun and caring. We traveled with my brother (in a wheelchair) and his wife. Manny was so kind and was able to get us into most places without waiting in line. We were touring off the ship so had a limited amount of time, but we felt as though we had learned so much. We enjoyed Manny so much that we requested he meet us in Rome at the end of our stay in a villa in Todi. Again, he made the venture seemless with the challenges of a wheelchair, and we had a great time as well as learning a lot of the history. Manny made a great suggestion for an awesome restaurant on our last night in Rome. We would highly recommend using "Rome Driving Tours" and will recommend you guys to all of our friends. It was great dealing with Luca too!! Very professional and very dependable!! Thanks to you all!!! Bobbie and Art Baeder - Larry and Cathy Stark

Visited September 2011
Lake Forest, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great people, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Our Italy excursions were so much fun thanks to rome driving tours. Great service, on time, knowledgeable staff and quite friendly. We booked our last port (Palma de Mallorca) trip from NCL and it does not even come close to the tour we had with your company. Everyone (including Max) was so knowledgeable and really catered to our needs!

Big Spring, Texas, United States
“Fabulous exceeded my Expectations would not have 1/3 of the FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We took TWO tours with Rome Driving Tours. Five of us with only one being in Italy prior. E-mailed for a solid month, Researched for even longer. Our group, mom (80) , two sisters, one an art major, one a banker and my brother in law an Architectural engineer. SO multiple viewpoints. Laura was our guide in Florence, Manny in ROMA- FABULOUS- Great English, EXCITED for us to ADVENTURE to their part of the world. Made us feel like family! Luca was our office contact- Let our fears fall away with explanations of EXPERIENCED licensed tour guides . Was understanding and prompt with answers and questions. Had fabulous experiences with my family. Will be at the top of my list for places and people to promote!!! Had such a good time, learned a great deal, experienced beautiful, loving memories of Italy!! Is at the TOP of my list of places to go back to. Luca, Manny and Laura THANK YOU for letting us be a part of your day, they will be part our our memories of Italy shared with mom and my family.
They were on time, clean modern van-- gave us information about where we were what happened in history, as well as the best Picture tips!! We had lunch with Laura and with Manny, took us to local places that served FABULOUS food and GILATO to die for!!
Things we would have done different, i can only think of one-- Let them know at the start of the day-- SPECIAL Requests.. These folks will accommodate!!
I have done tours other places-- where you feel like cattle and get the same tap recorded information. These folks make you feel comfortable and excited to share their home cities-- they actually make your feel like you want to come back-- and have MORE of an adventure with them.. By the end of DAY one-- we ALL felt it was worth EVERY PENNY and then some. DID not have to worry about traffic-- getting lost or LONG Lines.. Bought tickets ahead of time thru Luca-- he set up a private tour of the Vatican and WOW what a way to go. Our guide- spent time in the us- spoke ENGLISH fab. knowledgeable, kind, patient, by far this trip was THE BEST of my lifetime. Will do it again in a heartbeat.
I would suggest this tour group to EVERYONE going to Italy... THEY ARE CARING, and are excited to share their cities, their knowledge, culture, history and Warmth ! ! ! Thank you guys for giving us the best part of our Vacations!!
Love, Dana Baker-- Big Spring, Texas

Visited October 2011

Been to Rome Driving Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rome Driving Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.