“Great value, good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Genova
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Cavour 25, 00184 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #648 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Auburn, Washington, United States
“Great value, good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fantastic hotel within walking distance of everything. Comfortable beds, great breakfast buffet, and helpful, friendly staff. Marble bathrooms and satellite tv. No restaurant, but the concierge is very knowledgeable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
Dudley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have read the comments, both good and indifferent from previous travellers, and would like to give what I feel is a fair review based on the room we were given. Firstly, I chose the location so we didn't have to drag our bags too far from the main Termini station (a couple of hundred yards). I also felt it was a good base to walk to the main attractions, which it is. The Hotel itself felt clean, our room although smallish, was sufficient and the bathroom was a good size. The beds were made daily and the towels were replaced each day. The breakfast was on the first floor and was as good as you would expect in Europe for a hotel of this class. Plenty to keep you going until lunch. I feel three stars is what the hotel is! The rooms could be bigger, and our room was quiet until someone moved in next door. It's was only then I decided on the star rating. For a higher star rating I would expect to have better sound proofing, and not be able to hear the people next door running a bath! I could even hear them 'swishing' the water about with their hands. Would I stay here again? Possibly, but I'll check other reviews on hotels nearby. The location is spot on! My star rating is based on others I have stayed at. Three stars isn't that bad after all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Termini station in 150 m. We had a room on the 6th floor with balcony! The room was not very big, but it was good value for money. Great breakfast, clean room. I have to compliment the service. From the reception where they gave us a really early check in helped us with information, to the lady of the housekeeping and the waiters. We had just asked for a sewing kit, and in less than 15 minutes a lady came to the room picked up the jacket, fixed the buttons and brought it back. In general very good service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just returned from Roma trip.
We stayed in Hotel Genova, top flour.
It is very close to Termini station (5 minutes to walk) but not noisy.
Easy access to many of Roma attractions by metro (be careful! Do not keep any values, especially phones and purses, in your pockets!).

Room and bathroom are large and clean, huge terrace, bath robes and slippers, absolutely perfect breakfast with 2 different 6-programs coffee mashines, very friendly and helpful staff - nothing to wish more.

Early check-in and late check-out are additional advantages.
You can to leave your staff in hotel for some hours more before check-in and after check-out.

We like this hotel.

Room Tip: Look at 6 flour rooms with terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Genova hotel in the period of dead season that was in january,I loved the way they welcome me when I arrived at night,the 2nd day at the reception they were ready to show me every single detail I can see and do in Rome.my room was perfectly cleaned! They were very friendly,helpful,and always smiling.I really forgot all my stress! So now I feel that I am in love with Rome!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Guatemala City, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accomodating.....The hotel has a great location (near Termini) and decent breakfast, but that's pretty much all it has going for it....Dark, dingy, tiny rooms...Very hard beds (typical Europe), tiny shower....bathroom almost same size as living area in room....I could stay here again if I had to, but I'm sure there's better out there for the same price range/area....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

So, you can look at my other reviews -- I'm not a harsh reviewer. I think I'm a pretty easy-going guy. We got here on a Friday. The room was clean and nicely apportioned. If they'd attended to our room problem, I'd have no problem giving them a 4 rating. It isn't the Ritz, but they don't claim to be. So, why the two, you ask? Our room was blazingly hot. It melted some chocolate candies we had. The thermostat was broken. I noted this to the desk clerk the next morning. Over the night, I would get up and open the window to let the room cool then close it so we could go back to sleep. Got back after a long, long day walking the city. Still broken. So I ask again -- "Sorry, man to fix it doesn't work on the weekend." So I ask what should I do? I get a blank look response and she kind of shrugs her shoulders. That night -- same routine with the window opening. Next morning, note the problem again to desk clerk. Still the weekend so no luck. Monday I figure we'll definitely get it fixed. Guess what we got on Monday after I made sure to note that the problem still existed??? They took the top blanket off the bed. WOW! That will certainly help. We left on Wednesday morning, the broken dial on the thermostat still hanging there. They never apologized. Never offered to find us a different room. Nothing. I was not, to be clear, expecting the Ritz, but I do expect them to fix a problem I identified after the first night for a five night stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Genova? Share your experiences!