“Very good hotel in a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Bettoja Hotel Mediterraneo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Cavour 15, 00184 Rome, Italy (Esquilino)   |
Ranked #577 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Mitilini, Greece
“Very good hotel in a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Positive aspects: 1) Very good location, near metro, bus and train station (although not suitable for a night walk around, as with every hotel near the central stations). 2) Spacius and clean rooms. 3) Satisfactory breakfast. Not big variety but high quality of foods.
Negative aspects: The stuff in the reception was not exactly rude but certainly not friendly.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed at Hotel Mediterraneo for 4 nights in August, with my teenage daughter, and we are both thrilled.

I am usually a picky guest and change rooms if something bothers me. This, however, was far beyond my expectations.

First of all, an e-mail by the hotel Manager, confirming again our reservation and wishing us a pleasant stay, a day before our arrival, was a pleasant surprise.

The check-in was swift, and although we booked a junior suite, a huge, spacious suite on the top floor we were given, was too big to be called "junior". With a bedroom, two living rooms, all nicely furnished, a walk-in wardrobe, balcony with view and bathroom with hydro-massage bath and shower, all imaginable amenities, plenty of choice for breakfast, and especially the way the guests are treated, the 3 figure price was a bargain. It would cost thousands in some other hotels.

Location is excellent. Walking distance to almost all important places, next to the Termini station, and still no complaints about the noise.

Being able to relax and have a drink at the room balcony, or the wonderful roof terrace bar with spectacular views, is very refreshing after the whole day of sightseeing.

Classy and old style elegance, brilliant and genuinely helpful staff (reception, restaurant, throughout the hotel), always greeting us with a smile and making sure our stay was memorable, and hotel location, are the reasons I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a great view. Book via hotel website, as they have better offers.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were a party of two adults and one child. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff were all so helpful and friendly and could't do enough for us. We asked to change rooms as we were too close to the noisy lift (it bing bongs every time it reaches a floor) and were given a selection to look at.
All the rooms I saw were spotlessly clean with a good selection of toiletries in the bathroom and lily white towels and bedding, comfortable beds. Air con was perfect. Temperature was controlled by Reception but all it took to cool the room further was a single call to reception. We did not hear any road noise.
The roof terrace is lovely with a selection of nibbles given when ordering drinks.
Breakfast is lovely. Bacon and scrambled eggs as well as a wide selection of breads, meats, fruit, yogurt etc on the buffet.
Situated a block away from the Termini station, Metro station and lots of very reasonably priced quality restaurants the location was perfect for us.
I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Thank you for a wonderful stay in Italy!

Room Tip: rooms ending in 08 or numbers either side are near to the lift and it is loud! Room 523 (and I assum...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

For a 4 stars hotel, this one has all the means to satisfy, most importantly it's 100 meters away from the Termini and even closer to the subway stairs and bus stations, and from there if you like to walk you can in 5 minutes be in via Nationale and about 15 min in via del Corso (main shopping streets in Rome). The rooms were satisfying, there was a roof-top restaurant which was pretty amazing also, the only problem was that the Wifi was restricted to the lounge and specific rooms in the hotel. All in all the hotel was pretty good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed in Mediterraneo in Oct 2013 with a group of friends, we all had single rooms. The room I've had was not even close to the photos on the hotel's website. I would describe it as basic, and that's if I'm very generous. It would be ok for a 2-3star hotel, but not for a 4star. I could tolerate squeaky wooden floor as part of the charm (although in some places I had the impression I would fall through it) and the old furniture (and I do not mean old in a good way, like "nice, ancient, well maintained, shabby chic etc." but rather "old and just shabby, no chic") but I cannot tolerate mold in the bathroom! The bathroom was the absolute highlight, after wondering all day around the city, just wanting a nice hot shower, I hardly had any will to enter the bathroom. Maybe I just had bad luck and had the worst room in the hotel, but this is far from what I've expected. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the room number, only that it was on the 1st floor.

There are positives about this hotel: great location, good breakfast, staff OK. Would I recommend it? Only if you double check what kind of room you will get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cheltenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Located literally seconds from Termini station, we were able to get around Rome very quickly. The metro being cheap and efficient it was perfect for us.

I cant comment on the standard rooms because we had a suite, which was lovely. A nice balcony for the missus to smoke on and plenty of space to chill out and relax if we fancy a lazy morning to lie in.

The breakfast is good although limited in the way of hot food, scrambled eggs and bacon, but the rest was pretty standard stuff. The breakfast staff were amazing I thought. Catering to our every need and so friendly.

The only problem we had was the wifi, we couldnt get on for any more than 10 minutes at a time at the start of the week and during our last 3 days we couldnt get on at all. We had to go down to reception to get wifi so we could attend to emails.

Staff were very friendly and happy to help, handing us a bunch of guides and maps on arrival. The staff who cleaned are rooms were very good although we didnt have our bin emptied once. Not essential I know but it would of been nice.

City tax isnt included in the price so prepare to pay £3 per person, per day when it comes to checking out, which we werent made aware of.

All in all, a good place to stay if you're looking to spend most days out and about as its so close to the metro. A bit pricey for what it is but thats Rome I guess.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel, booked by our tour company, is close to train terminus with restaurants, city tour bus stops, shops and many monuments including the Colosseum within walking distance. The view from top floors is good. Breakfast and WiFi were all right, but the staff was not quite friendly. It's a good place to stay in Rome, however.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bettoja Hotel Mediterraneo? Share your experiences!