Difficult to score a good hotel at a good price in the summer in Rome. My usual preferred hotels all booked full, I opted for the Mediterraneo. The location is good if you want/need transport connections via Termini (only a block away). Like most things in Rome, the hotel is old. Elevator lobby and rooms are cramped, but they do have some character. Everything is acceptable or better. The restaurant on the top floor is very good and the view at sunset can be spectacular. Far from the top of my list of preferred hotels in Rome, but you could do far worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Italian Art Déco Mediterraneo is located in the center of the city: on the Esquilino Hill, the highest of the seven hills of Rome. The elegant penthouse suites of the Mediterraneo command a sweeping view of the city of Rome. The Roof Garden Bar & Restaurant “La Terrazza” has a panoramic view of Rome from its flowered terrace. The Mediterraneo Hotel has 251 Rooms, 5 Conference Rooms, Garage, Roof Garden Bar & Restaurant, Fitness Center, Air Conditioning, TV Satellite, Minibar, Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Mediterraneo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bettoja Mediterraneo Hotel
- Rome Hotel Bettoja Mediterraneo