“Nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #733 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Bucharest, Romania
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is located in a quiet area. Rooms are large, spacious and clean. The bathroom is clean and sanitary seem to be fairly new.
Staff is friendly and funny.
Breakfast was varied and tasty. I liked how decorated dining room.
Not that I liked some morning coffee espresso finish too quickly.
It's really an issue away from the center. We are not bothered because we went to our car.
Nearby there is a supermarket priced ok, where you can make your supply.
I liked this hotel and garden of green and relaxing

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
RomaGiugiaro, Manager at Aurora Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest , we are very happy that you enjoyed staying in our hotel, is our pleasure to provide accommodation and tranquility to all our customers. All staff working in the Hotel Aurora Garden is at your service, in fact we are very attentive to suggestions from our customers to try to give a better service.
Unfortunately and fortunately we are not very close to the center of Rome can be reached very easily by bus 337 or 343 or 344 (15-20 minutes max) that will take you directly to the metro Conca d'Oro (line B1) the which will take you up in 15 minutes in front of the magnificent Colosseum. Thank you again and see you soon.
Byby
The manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Location is the biggest problem with this hotel. It is nowhere near where you want to be and so you will spend much time travelling (and the walk to the nearest underground station is along a horribly busy main road). There are no redeeming features to the area of Rome the hotel is located in and so you will want to spend all your time away from it.

The hotel itself is of average quality, not making up for its awful location. The bedroom I spent a night in in the "annex" of the hotel was grim, smelling of stale smoke and damp. Request a room in the main part of the hotel where my room was much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main part of the hotel not the annex.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RomaGiugiaro, General Manager at Aurora Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am very sorry that she has not been good in our hotel and did not move well in our area, probably the routes selected by you were not the right ones, how can you read the other review that the other customers have written is not at all difficult .I also let you know that from July 2012 was opened the new metro and B1 to get downtown if you do not find traffic it can take up to 30 minutes (with one bus and metro from Piazza Conca d'Oro).
Maybe if you asked our help we have indicated the path easier and faster we could indicate the best path that is : take 337 (50 meteres from the hotel) to the last stop Conca d'Oro and then the metro to the station B1 Colesseo ... out of the station and you are in front of the Colosseum. Or ....bus n. 63 (100 meters from the hotel) and you can arrive directly near Piazza Navona Vatican .
I would also like to ask a question to you? But when I made ​​the reservation has not noticed ... that the hotel was not in the center??
We would also like to add that the hotel is in a residential area and not in a rough neighborhood as she it suggests its review ..
About the smell of smoke sorry, although it is forbidden to smoke but some customers smoke in spite of ourselves and of the same we are very sorry.
As for the room I can confirm that the hotel is continuously renovations to improve the type of its rooms then you can find rooms more or less new and in the annexes (as you writes) that the main building. If there is something that does not suit you we are always available to the customer and you said that we changed room is the proof.
Sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Schweiz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We didn’t even have the possibility to check out this Hotel, as our room has been re-booked to some other people due to their very poor booking management.
We booked our family room months ago. Three weeks before we should arrive, I simply asked via email if it would be possible to anticipate our arrival date. In the email it was mentioned clearly that it was just a question and not to change anything so far. The answer was that it wouldn’t be a problem at all and to please confirm once we knew for sure. A few days later I confirmed the earlier dates and got the reply that they are already full those days. So I replied that in that case I will keep our original booking which was confirmed by the Hotel. Their reply was that they thought that we would change and they didn’t hear anything for four days so they re-sold our room. I immediately called and they even gave the failure to me as I didn’t reply for some day. I am traveling 80 to 100 days a year for business reasons and never ever had such a bad experience. Operator didn’t even try to find a solution or to support. He just said that I am free to cancel. I even asked what I should cancel if there isn’t even a room anymore for us. And just to make it clear. It was not a communication problem, as I am Italian and correspondence and phone call was in our native language. At the end of the day, once week before our vacation, we don’t have any place anymore to stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear
as I have already written in response to your mail sorry that it is not able to be our guest, but unfortunately it was not our fault.
you write that our reservation management is very poor but remember the facts as they happened.
you made ​​the request for a reservation for 10 October (2 nights) on August 13, and we were glad to reconfirm the reservation. After one month, and exactly 26 September you called us by telephone and asked us to change the dates arriving Oct. 8 (2 nights) we asked you to send us an email to change dates and you sent the mail, we reconfirmed by mail the change of dates. We obviously relisted the room that was immediately sold. On October 2, you wrote again asking to change back the dates from 10 October for 2 nights and we have said that unfortunately for October 10 we had no availability. On October 3, you sent us an e-mail to cancel your request that I personally have replied that we were sorry for the confusion caused by your various modifications of arrival but probably lacked another week there would be the opportunity to have available per room per October 10 for a cancellation or modification of any other customer. The'm writing on 9 October and I am sorry to tell you that if you had asked to be put on the waiting list we could reconfirm your room

Still sorry of what happened I offer you my most best greetings
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed three nights there, which was a great experience. The room is big, clean and comfortable. The service is great with humorous guys at the reception. The breakfast is nice with an intimate homey atmosphere. And the environment is nice too, with a cozy and quiet garden there, where you can take some sun bath lying in one of those the chairs after breakfast. But the trade-off of the nice environment and reasonable price is the relatively bad location. It's far from downtown, and the transport is not very convenient. You need to walk 10-20 min to get to the bus station, and take half an hour bus to get to the closest metro station. But you still can see it as a way of travelling by walking like a native and taking all those public transportation.

Room Tip: Remember to tell the reception if you want a queen size bed instead of two twin beds putting togethe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everyone is very polite and cannot do enough to help you·Alex we found was the go to person if you had any questions·He was very helpful·I expexted to find small just not quite to small the room·Very far from everything· An example to get to the Trevi fountain you first took a sita bus for 20 minutes to get to the end of the subway line.Or a 35 Euro cab ride. Found this very inconvenient. Other than that rooms were very clean and food was good for a complimentary breakfast

Room Tip: Not terrible with the pool and resteraunt there is none.Cannot remove tag
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear guests
we're so glad that you you enjoy your stay at our hotel.
We try to always give our customers the best service and make you all feel welcome.
With regard to transport sorry, the next time asked us we can give you information on how to get faster to the center in about 30 minutes.

Thanks anyway for your review and we hope to have you again as our guests
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I look for a good hotel, and I do find it, like in this case...I do not care at all, if there is no spa ;-).
When I find a good smell at the entrance, I understand this is a properly cleaned place; a nice furniture, smart Front Desk employers, and mostly import a nice room with a very good mattress !

Many hotels nowadays, unfortunately offer unrequested options like spa and do not put the right attention on the most important and requested ones, that an “ hotel guest “ is looking for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ooooooooooo ..... you are the perfect customer, the customer would like to have all the hotels ...... What you want from a hotel is a good bed, quiet to sleep and relax after a visit to the bustling big city, clean and a good breakfast. will in the future have not exactly a spa but maybe a swimming pool to make our customers a reason to relax.

thanks again
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My whole experience of this hotel is good clean and friendly service rooms are to an good serviceable standard and amenities to match, to locate this hotel, please research before as its in a unexpected location, transport there takes on average 40 mins from/to the centre using public transport (343,Metro) and breakfast was nice and continental - yet no hot service, my only down side of the hotel was the city tax asked to be paid at check-out (2 euros per person per night ) with the only sign telling you of this 'tax' been only displayed in Italian at the desk and English on the reverse, obversely not knowing what the language wouldn't know to turn the sign around.

Room Tip: ask to be placed away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aurora Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!