My wife and I returned from a four night stay at the HGI. It was my second and her first time in Rome and we were there for a vacation to see the traditional sites.
I will echo all the positives about the hotel itself and the staff. We did enjoy ourselves.
The primary reason we chose that this hotel was due to the ability to redeem Hilton Honors points for an award stay. Also, as a Diamond with Hilton, breakfast was included. While we really enjoyed the hotel, it was just a bit farther from the historical center than we would have preferred. If I did not have a Hilton Hhonors relationship, I may have stayed at a hotel closer in.
If you like to go back to your hotel for a couple of hours between the day’s sightseeing and then go back out for dinner in the central area – or you need to return for something you forgot – it will take some extra time compared to a hotel in the central core. Conversely, in the height of the tourist season, it would be a good respite from the masses for a few hours.
• if you take a taxi from the airport, the hotel is outside the flat fee zone for Rome. We paid €68 which is €20 more than the fixed amount. The hotel will arrange a private car that could lower the fare to be closer to the taxi.
• The tram stop names are a bit hard to see in the dark from the tram. Smartphone GPS helped with that
• Taking Tram 19 from just outside the hotel directly to the edge of the Vatican was very easy
• Taking Tram 3 from just outside the hotel to the Pyramid station to catch the train to Ostia Antica was easy and had good views outside for the 45 minute trip.
• We found three restaurants in the neighborhood that we enjoyed.
• Il Brutto Anatroccolo at Viale Parioli 18 is a nice buffet restaurent with outside seating just down the street with many local diners. It is a 5 minute walk from the hotel
• Gaudi Pizzeria was very good. It was a 20 minute walk away from the hotel and is located near the Villa Borghese.
• Ambasciata d’abruzzo is also a 20 minute walk from the hotel. More upscale than the others. They also have a shuttle to pick you up/drop you off.
- Also Known As:
- Claridge Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridge Hotel is located in the elegant and residential Parioli district. A sophisticated atmosphere welcomes our guests in the elegantly furnished lobby with its modern amenities. In this stylish building, overlooking a wide avenue lined with plane trees, all 93 bedrooms, have all been completely restructured and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities Just around the corner are the recently restored Borghese Museum and the Borghese Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.