“Location rooms enivronment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #258 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Israel
“Location rooms enivronment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Excellent location \ top room top class breakfast what do you need more in rome
it is a shame that in the 21 century you need to pay for the internet

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Checked in late on a Saturday night with lots of luggage. Had booked through Priceline and was given the smallest room I've ever seen. A closet about 18" wide and no drawers to put away clothes. The dresser actually had the drawers removed with a mini bar in it's place. We had to stack the luggage on top on the chair and desk and still couldn't move around the room. The bathroom was very nice but had a step up to get into it. A little unsafe to manouver during the night. The bathroom was probably half the size of the room. We were staying 4 nights and I knew we couldn't survive 3 more nights in this room. Spoke to the front desk Sunday morning and calmly explained our predicament. After a few minutes we were moved to a room next to the fitness room which was at least twice the size of the previous room. A large closet and drawers and a bathroom without a step. This turned what could have been a horrible experience into a good one. Didn't notice any noise from the fitness room so that was nice.
As others note, the hotel is in a great area and we walked all throughout Rome without taking taxis or public transportation. The hotel services are very expensive. Breakfast buffet was 35euro/person and internet 30euro/day. Staff was very friendly and the concierge helpful. Overall, it was a good experience but I don't know if I'd take a chance on booking through Priceline again and getting stuck with that tiny room.

Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Was in Rome with my wife on 17-11-2010 for 4 days to celebrate our 10 years wedding anniversary, and stayed in this hotel on our Priority Club points. Loved the location, on top of the Spanish Steps, where you get within minutes walking to all the great shops you can dream of for your medium to up scale shopping. The reception staff is top class (except when you get the trainees), and the concierge service very helpfull.
All premises are very clean, although a bit old, which is especially seen in the bathroom (although it is still very decent). Some rooms are also very small so be carefull to ask for a larger room if possible. Buffet Breakfast looks gorgeous, although expensive (35 EUR). Didn't try the food though. All in all a very good experience I would repeat.

columbia, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This was a good location in an average hotel by IC standard. The service was fine - although I suggest you check your bill- we were billed for some incidentals that we did not incur. The team was great with helping us navigate. A couple of the dining suggestions did not pan out - overall a good deal for a priceline win.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

My husband and I visit Rome several times a year and each time we stay in InterContinental De La Ville on Via Sistina.

We’ve made this choice long ago because of the location – the loveliest Spanish steps are very close to the hotel, literally less than 50 steps away. Being in such a location is very good for shopping as major shopping streets are coming to Spanish steps, and also this central location is a great start to explore great Rome again and again.

This particular time we had a room on the 7th floor with a great terrace overlooking Rome – it was a most fantastic room I could only imagine. The room itself was quite a small one, but this is an ordinary situation for Rome and we never complain about that.

The staff at the hotel is helpful by all means. I also would like to say special thanks to Francesco at Front Desk – he did his best to make our trip the most memorable. Hope we return soon as the service was absolutely fantastic and professional!

This time I’ve also decided to write a review as I slept so well on a perfect bed with perfect pillows! I paid special attention to this fact as Rome was the final destination in our 8 days trip to Italy this time and we were coming from a lovely spa hotel in Toscana where I could hardly sleep because of pillows I’ve found uncomfortable. And in Intercontinental I was sleeping like a baby and did not even want to leave bed in the morning!

I recommend this hotel to all travelers interested in great location and hotel with great and friendly staff.

Hope to return to Rome soon and back to this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We Pricelined this sucker, and it was great for the price we got (about half the advertised rate for a king bed + bath).

The room was average, and very comfortable. They make a big deal out of their decor, but I didn't find it particularly terrific. The concierge and doormen were very attentive, as was the bartender at the rooftop patio, where we treated ourselves to some Moet one night (pricy, but you can't beat the view up there). The menu prices were laughable: we calculated it could cost as much as 35$ Canadian EACH to buy some eggs and bacon for breakfast, but why would you want that when you're a 15 minute walk to Tazzo d'Oro?

As far as location goes it can't be beat. It's close to everything. We didn't get on the subway once in Rome, preferring instead to walk the city. If you can get a deal on the price of the room, go for it. I would not pay full freight to stay there.

Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

This is the least comfortable place I've ever stayed and I'm a college student, so I've stayed at some sketchy places. I literally had to check and make sure that we actually had a matress and weren't sleeping on box springs. I requested a mattress pad which I never recieved. I've never had so many sleepless nights. Seriously, stay somewhere else so you're not tired while visiting Rome. The location is awesome, but it's so far from being worth it. I read all the other reviews and thought that people must be picky or something because I've never been at a bad IC hotel. But there is and it's in Rome. Whatever you do, don't book it! Read some more reviews and listen to them. They all same the same thing! I should have listened to them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental de la Ville? Share your experiences!