What can I say? This property is great. At the top of the Spanish Steps there is always something going on and the location is fabulous. Being an Ambassador member I made arrangements to have a car pick me up at the airport - only about 15 Euros more than a cab and worth evey penny being only in Rome for 3 days. Upon check in were upgraded to a courtyard view room with a balcony and large bed - the room had plenty of space, a bit of a rarity in Rome. We also received free breakfast and folks, this is the best breakfast buffet anywhere, spectacular food. The fresh mozzarella and ricotta cheeses were the best I have ever tasted. The AC worked spectacularly as it was very hot.
The concierge - Christian - could not have been nicer and informative.
By the way - leaving the hotel make a left and walk a bit to find the gelateria "Blue Ice" - fabulous. You are close to most tourist attractions here - nothing was more than a 15 minute cab ride and the Metro is also close by.
This was my fourth Intercontinental stay in a capital city this year - this was the best property.
My only complaint is that MOST of the front desk were a bit stand-offish and not personable and they want to charge you to print boarding passes. Just ask the concierge - one of them even gave the perverbial Italian salute to the front desk when I told him they wanted to charge me.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel Rome
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel
- De La Ville Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There s no better place to begin your Eternal City experience than InterContinental De La Ville Roma. Our location at the top of the Spanish Steps is the ideal base for shopping, sightseeing and attending cultural events. Within a short radius are Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, Via Condotti, Piazza di Spagna and the Borghese Gallery and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Venere so you can book your InterContinental de la Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.