“On top of the Spanish Steps next to Trinita del Monte” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #254 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Vienna, Austria
“On top of the Spanish Steps next to Trinita del Monte”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very refined place with a beautifull few over rome or into the beautifull gardens - in the upper floors only ! - and a loyal regular visitor comunity
There is a terrace on the 6th floor overlooking the city worth having a - rather expensive- drink
Breakfeast in the patio is a nice experience

Room Tip: The rooms are rather small - it is a monument protected building - and i would go for rooms from th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa_Schipilliti, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Marvinge,

Thank you very much for your positive review about our property!
We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed our hotel and his location.
We greatly appreciated every single comment we receive from our valuable guest and please, rest assured that your concerns have been addressed to the involved staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm regards

Email: vanessa.schipilliti@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my second visit to Rome and the most memorable one because of my stay at the Intercontinental De La Ville Roma. Upon entering the lobby, I was immediately impressed with the very warm and friendly greetings from the staff. Our suite was a thorough delight with two king size beds and a balcony. Everything was immaculate. The spread at breakfast was amazing! I feel the location was an extra bonus being near the Spanish Steps and an excellent starting point for sightseeing. I loved the entire stay and plan to return to Rome and the Intercontinental.

Florence Dickson

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Florence D,
Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental de La Ville Roma.
It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.
Guest satisfaction is our number one priority, so we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Rome
Kind regards,

Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After an unfortunate experience our first nite in Rome, we checked into this wonderful hotel. Wow, from the moment we walked into the lobby, it was just a fantastic experience. There were 7 in our party, 3 rooms, and they were all just perfect. We had one suite, and 2 deluxe double rooms, all very close to each other. The staff was very very helpful, from Marco at the front desk, to everyone at the concierge desk. The front desk were extremely helpful with our rooms, and I can't say enough about the staff at the concierge! We had them help us each nite looking for somewhere for the 7 of us to eat dinner, and each place they sent us to was spectacular. We would walk in and the staff was ready and waiting for us with a table large enough for us to fit comfortably. The location is so fabulous, right at the top of the Spanish Steps, and the view from our room was awesome. If I every get back to Rome, this will be where I will stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa_Schipilliti, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Jeanne2424,

First of all, thank you very much for leaving your feedback regarding your recent visit for lunch at the Intercontinental De La Ville Roma.
We were happy to read that you enjoyed this moment.
It is a real pleasure to see we managed to meet your expectations in terms of service and efficiency.
Your comments will of course be shared with the concerned department.
Such a nice review is indeed their best reward!
We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to the IC De La Ville Roma..

Centreville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I didn't really expect much based on the mixed reviews, but the Intercontinental delivered as well as I thought it would. The rooms are typical small European style, so I have no complaints , the beds were really comfortable, the bathrooms well appointed and the maid service adequate.

We were on the roof top restaurant/bar and it was windy and cold, the staff covered us in blankets even though we were only having one drink, I really appreciated the extra effort.

The staff was typical of an Intercontinental, always helpful, always smiling. I expected to pay for Internet, while 23E is steep I wasn't shocked by it, I was disappointed however that the internet café they were charging 7E for 5 minutes when other hotels in town would give a password for 30 minutes use.

The location can't be beat, 20 minute walk to Vatican, 15 to Colleseum, 5 minutes to Trevi Fountain and plenty of restaurants/café to have dinner/drinks within close proximity. If I could get the same rate and same service I would book here again, it is not a budget friendly hotel:)

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper choose even rooms, we were 414 and looked over a courtyard, not the best...
Dear DebinVA,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that both the location and the service were up to your expectations. We do offer quite various packages and promotions through out the year and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if the need arise.

Sincere regards,

Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We are world travelers who enjoy all the privileges of Ambassador membership at Intercon Hotels and Resorts. Upon Check-In our guaranteed upgrade Suite was not ready. We gladly paid a bit more for a spectacular three room suite with an amazing terrace overlooking the entire city, thanks to Marco! Our King bed was heavenly. The breakfast room/patio is delightful, with American breakfast cooked to order and a vast selection of traditional and European choices. The hotel is in an excellent, safe location. We found a GEM in a local driver named Dino, well known to the Concierges. He spoke good English, took us for a private tour of Rome and the countryside. He also suggested a great spot for a locals' lunch, all at a very affordable rate.
Our only disappointment during our one week stay was the maid service. We look forward to our Int'l Herald Tribune delivered free to the room each morning. Because our schedule was so hectic, we didn't get a chance to even open our papers the first few days, and placed them on the desk. To our surprise, housekeeping threw them away! They were not crumbled or on the floor, but neatly stacked awaiting a leisure moment. The night manager and concierges somehow managed to replace all three missing newspapers, which was greatly appreciated. A small thing, but such has never happened to us before!
And finally, the Concierges! Really, from Hong Kong to Rome, the professionalism and 110% effort expended by the Concierges are truly remarkable. Christian, Nicola and the entire team served us very well. If guests wish to see the Pope on Wed or Sun, call or email ahead. The Concierges can advise on all things related to Vatican City. We appreciate you all and hope to see you soon again in Roma. Ciao!

• Stayed May 2013
Vanessa_Schipilliti, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear cadeaugratuit,

First of all, thank you very much for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental De La Ville Roma.
We are really happy to read you had a wonderful time at the hotel and also as an Ambassador member that you appreciate all your privilege offered.
Your comments will of course be shared with the concerned department.
Such a nice review is indeed their best reward!
We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back at the IC De La Ville Roma.

Burnham Market, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night in May 2013 as part of a pre cruise package, and as such ticked all the boxes, quiet room, nice breakfast and very good location, being about 50 mts from the top of the Spanish Steps. Don't expect "modern" but you do get all the expectations within the room. Quirky room positions due to the old buildings and some lifts miss out a floor or two. Elegant dining for breakfast with a vast selection, including prosecco for your bucks fizz (but at 35 euros per person for the complete buffet, get a package deal!) Wonderful views from the rooftop bar (seasonal & closed when bad weather) can be a bit windy up there, but went back twice - once in daylight and once at night ... splendid.

Room Tip: Central rooms look inwards towards a internal piazza , some with balconies
Dear FromNorthNorfolkUK,

Thank you for your very kind post left on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you said, this is not a modern hotel, this explain why some lift jump a floor!!!
This is an historical building centrally located converted in the hotel industries in 1924. The Hotel is composed of 2 buildings that we usually call “New House”, “Old House and some floor cannot be reached by each lift we have!
We sincerely hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in a future.

Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Were do I begin with this hotel? Lets start with the positives. First, is that the location is outstanding and I don't know how you would get a better location. Ok, I will try and keep this short and sweet but my frustration is extremely high right now. First, the 23-EURO for Internet is a bit steep. Second, there is no executive lounge and that is something you expect from an Intercontinental. The shower rod in the bathroom is not bent and so you touch the shower curtain while taking a shower. I know, it's not a big thing but when you travel a lot, it's the minor things that really count. Also, it is not a true king size bed, its two twins with a bridge like thing in the middle. If I pay for a king room, that is what I expect. I happen to be a platinum ambassador and there was no recognition at check in. With that, they did not bring the standard water and fruit, which was disappointing. No daily paper like you are suppose to get. I didn't say anything, which I realize was a mistake and I should have said something prior to the last day. Anyhow, I asked on the last day if I could get an extended check out, knowing that as a platinum ambassador, I would get a 4PM check out. Well, they didn't enter my reservation correct and the guy responds with a 1PM check out. I pretty much lost it there. I did not get I'm sorry that I screwed it up or anything. I will say that after I filled out my survey, I did get a response from management. That is positive, right? I understand that things happen but this experience was over the top. Personally, I would look somewhere else. To spend that kind of money for a room, it was not worth it in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you have status with IHG, make sure that they know when checking in otherwise you risk having an...
Dear rhelus,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing your feedback concerning your recent visit at the Intercontinental De La Ville Roma.
We were sorry to learn that your stay did not meet any of your expectations and we regret that nothing went apparently right during your stay.
As a platinum member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking time to bring this matter to our attention.
Concerning your comments about the Wifi cost, I would like to inform you that your experience is shared by others and InterContinental Hotels Group is working on harmonising the offer, and it will be soon free for all the Priority Club members.
Regarding the Club Louge, being an historical building centrally located unfortunately we do not have enough space for it, but please note that we are working on a renovation plan so we hope to have it soon.
In regards of the late check out, we had some technical issues during the dates of your stay this did not allow the Front Office Agent to check in our system your status of Platinum ambassador.
We were most distressed to hear of various incidents which upset your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have experienced.
This is not the usual level of service that we strive to provide and your comments have been passed on to the teams involved and their management in order to take corrective actions.

We sincerely hope you will give us a new opportunity to welcome you back to the Intercontinental De La Ville Roma for your future travel needs.

We remain at your full disposal.

Email: vanessa.schipilliti@ihg.com

Been to InterContinental de la Ville? Share your experiences!