Lovely building, well located at the top of the Spanish steps and near the underground and plenety of restaurants locally.
However, the place was permanently deserted with no soul. Other than the lovely (but expensive) rooftop bar you saw few public rooms in use.
Our room was small but very comfortable and well appointed. We overlooked an internal courtyard so it was nice and quiet. Shutters and aircon kept it cool.
Concierge was very good getting us into a booked out museum/art gallery before we left. Reception were OK but not really friendly.
Didn't eat breakfast here due to the price. Did have charcuterie and cheese with our wine on the rooftop bar, which was very nice (but not cheap!).
If you're using Loyalty points go for this (as we did) but otherwise there are plenty of other hotels to stay that would offer a better experience and value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There s no better place to begin your experience in the Eternal City than InterContinental De La Ville Roma. Our location at the top of the Spanish Steps is the ideal base for shopping, sightseeing and attending cultural events. Within a short radius are Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, Via Condotti, Piazza di Spagna and the Borghese Gallery, and even more. InterContinental De La Ville Roma, your best choice to enjoy the Eternal City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental de la Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel Rome
- De La Ville Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Rome