It's part of American Express' Fine Hotels & Resorts. Along with that and the location, we just had to book it for the 4 days before our cruise departed. We had a suite with balcony overlooking the city. Our friends chose a standard room with garden view (that still had a balcony, but it was shared with 3-4 other rooms.) We noticed a big difference depending on which room you booked and how you paid. Our arrangements were handled by American Express Platinum Travel, our friends booked directly on their own. We were greeted with a welcome basket that included fruit, cheese, chocolates and even a bottle of Lemoncello. Since we booked with our AmEx card, our stay included breakfast each morning, our friends' didn't. We enjoyed a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant complete with espresso, eggs, toast and fruit. Since it worked out to approximately $35 per person, our friends made other arrangements for breakfast. I agree, it wasn't worth $35 per person, but since it was included in our price we enjoyed it every morning (the service here was nothing short of impeccable.) The concierge left a little to be desired. We had already booked tours and excursions before getting to the hotel, but we did ask for help in planning dinner the first night we arrived. He suggested a restaurant that all of us wish we would have skipped. Let me not forget to tell you about the location. We walked out the front door of the hotel and the Spanish Steps were right there! Just go down the Spanish Steps and the city awaits!! It was wonderful for us. We walked whenever we got the chance. We walked to dinner, shopping, site seeing and espresso!!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel Rome
- De La Ville Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There s no better place to begin your Eternal City experience than InterContinental De La Ville Roma. Our location at the top of the Spanish Steps is the ideal base for shopping, sightseeing and attending cultural events. Within a short radius are Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, Via Condotti, Piazza di Spagna and the Borghese Gallery and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental de la Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.