“LOVED this hotel! Stayed for 4 nights, Jan 2013.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #252 of 1,266 hotels in Rome
Los Angeles, California
“LOVED this hotel! Stayed for 4 nights, Jan 2013.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

In Rome, there is a huge difference in quality between 4, 4.5 and 5 star hotels. This was my third trip to Rome, second within a year, and have to say - my husband and I LOVED this hotel.

Great customer service, nice room (traditional furnishing) which seemed pretty spacious overall (including the bathroom), centrally (and conveniently) located. Restaurant onsite served a great cup of American coffee (as well as espresso) and a decent lunch. Beds we instantly fell asleep on. We were on an upper floor, which was really nice. Conceirge desk gave us good restaurant advice, but take advantage of having them book you into the spots - you might find yourself in a queue if you "walk up". We would stay here again (I'm a Starwood gold lifetime member, so yes, we temporarily defected) and highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa_Schipilliti, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear SKI_Road_Warrior,

It is a pleasure to read your comments regarding your last stay at the InterContinental De la Ville Roma.
Thank you very much for your positive remarks.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you once again in our hotel.

Best regards,

1,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from five wonderful days in this hotel. This old and beautifully kept hotel delivered on all levels. I have never come across such helpful and pleasent staff in any hotel I have stayed in worldwide.. The breakfasts were splendid with an incredible variety of foods to suit all tastes. Though expensive, you get what you pay for. I cannot recommend highly enough the Hotel De La Ville with its central location very close to the Spanish steps. I so look forward to returning one day in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Grainne79,

Thank you very much for your excellent review on Tripadvisor, I am sure it will be useful for future clients.
We are pleased to see that your stay was up to your expectations and look forward to welcome you soon again!!

I remain at your full disposal.

Kind regards,

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Copied below is the letter of gratitude we sent the Manager on Duty (Giacomo Pica) and the Intercontinetal Customer Care Team. This is an outstanding property. So we wanted to take the opportunity to sing their praise!

Giacomo – My girlfriend Tiffani and I are very likely a distant memory from 2012. My intentions were to contact you much sooner than this, but being in the hotel industry myself, the final quarter of the year was exceptionally busy and I simply did not make the time to write. My apologies for that. Regardless of the unfortunate incident we experienced on the streets of Rome during our visit (which had nothing to do with the hotel), I wanted to extend a sincere thank you to both yourself and all your team at the Intercontinental. Professionalism, attention to detail and the warmth of all your hospitality are still part of our fond memories from our one week visit to your beautiful city. You all helped make our trip a wonderfully memorable one, and for that we are forever grateful. Having worked with different hotel companies for the last 20 years of my career, I am very familiar with the amount of organization and effort that goes into making every guests’ stay a special one. In addition it’s not uncommon to only hear back from our guests when there is a problem, so it was important for us to let you know that your team certainly exceeded our expectations. Please pass on our thanks and warmest regards. You sir are a true gentleman and we hope to be back in Rome again later this year and look forward to making the Intercontinental our home-away-from-home once again. Wishing you all the very best of health, happiness and continued success in 2013!

Room Tip: Best location. Right at top of Spanish Steps. By far the best roof top terrace in the city. Looking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 5 night. Overall I could say that you are only paying for the location. It located almost 300 meters from the spanish steps. The hotel some to be old & not renovated recently. The decoration is old classic which is another reason why I did not like the place. The question here is value for money and my answer is defiantly this hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear MAQi,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am delighted you liked the location of our property. My apologies the condition of our hotel fell below your expectations. We will use your comments to improve our efforts. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Beyrouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is best hotel I've visited ever in Italy. Location is great, food is excellent, breakfast is marvellous: try the mozzarella buffala. You feel at home even if you have kids. Everyone is smiling and welcoming. I will definitely stay again at my next trip to Rome. Don't try to stay somewhere else

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Emile A,

Thank you for taking time to write such a kind review.
Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back very soon!!

Kind regards,

stroud
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I returned to this hotel for Christmas having stayed once before a couple of years ago. We did wonder if we should try a different hotel but are so pleased that we didn't. It's a really special hotel, in a wonderful location and with excellent and friendly staff. OK, it's not ultra modern; the rooms, whilst lovely and very comfortable, are those of a 300 year old, city centre building and drinks are pricy. But it's home from home feeling whilst also full of people who just want to give you a wonderful stay is unbeatable. We love Rome and will, I am sure, return before too long, and next time we won't consider whether or not we should try a different hotel - we have found the best. I'd heartily recommend it to you.

Room Tip: If you can go for a city view room, the views are unbeatable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vanessa_Schipilliti, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at InterContinental de la Ville, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear serenagreentrees,
Thank you and again thank you for you very kind comments left on Tripadvisor.
It’s great to read that your stay was up to your expectations also this time.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts.
We hope to welcome you again soon to our property, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if the need arise.
Best regards,

Email: vanessa.schipilliti@ihg.com |
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed for four nights at the Intercontinental de la Ville at the beginning of December in 2012 and it was a much to be desired experience. Not only was the "upgraded" garden view room so small but the staff was not friendly and a bit rude. They wanted to charge for everything and when I asked to borrow a adapter, I was told to looking the mini bar which later I found out cost me $8.50 euros. The building is old and in need of repair. The only saving grace is the location of the hotel which is right on top of the Spanish steps.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room than the standard or even double if you are able to afford it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear SiDoRaTe,
Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us your feedback.
We are sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from our staff.. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around.
We truly hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
I remain at your full disposal.
Sincererly,

Email: vanessa.schipilliti@ihg.com |

Been to InterContinental de la Ville? Share your experiences!