This week I had the pleasure to stay for a couple of days in Rome and since a friend of mine had recommended this hotel I decided to stay there. What a good decision. When you come to the hotel, you might be a bit surprised in the beginning since the hotel is in a quite small side street, but once you enter the hotel you will be positively surprised about almost everything.
- the hotel itself: Very efficient staff. Quite friendly and attentive to your needs. I checked in within 5 minutes after arrival and they really catered for my wishes
- the rooms: What a great room. Really quiet, quite big and incredibly high ceiling. I do not know how old this hotel is, but they just dont make them like that anymore. The ceiling in my room was at least 4 meters high. I know, it does not give you more space, still it is a nice feeling when you wake up an look at the ceiling and you dont get the feeling to be boxed in, like in some of the newer hotels.
- the breakfast: The first morning I was a bit miffed about the service there. I ordered a hot chocolate and the waiter (who did not know I spoke italian) walked away muttering something about me first ordering a coffee and now wanting a hot chocolate. I had the same waiter the following day and he nicely guided me to my table and immediately said with a smile in his face "Will you be wanting hot chocolate again, sir", so my feelings about the service were completely changed now. Oh, and the chocolate is to die for: You get two silver cans, one with chocolate, one with milk, and you will be needing the milk to dilute the chocolate since it is so rich and creamy and calorie-free :). The breakfast itself is served in one of the most beautiful rooms I have seen for a long time and the selection is just amazing, everything you want to eat and some things you havent seen for ages - roasted apples for breakfast, just great
- the location. Simply amazing. It is situated at the top of the spanish stairs, so you have a great view over the city from there and it is just 5 minutes from a great jogging area.
So overall I can only recommend this hotel and I will certainly come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There s no better place to begin your experience in the Eternal City than InterContinental De La Ville Roma. Our location at the top of the Spanish Steps is the ideal base for shopping, sightseeing and attending cultural events. Within a short radius are Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, Via Condotti, Piazza di Spagna and the Borghese Gallery, and even more. InterContinental De La Ville Roma, your best choice to enjoy the Eternal City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental de la Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental De La Ville Hotel Rome
- De La Ville Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Rome