First - and I hope the hotel reads this - two twin beds pushed together do not a king make. Period.
Also, the beds were lumpy, the pillows (one per twin bed) were flat and tired, the blankets (yup, no down comforters at $500+ per night) were thin and worn. For some reason our bedspreads were removed on the first day and never re-appeared.
The breakfast buffet was truly terrible: unripe fruit, cold coffee, second-rate pastries. For us, it was included in the room rate but we didn't bother with it after the first morning. They do have one of the truly great beauties of Rome working there but even Massimo's smile and charm couldn't cover up such poor food and shoddy service.
And I hate having to have call room service for ice.
On the plus side...
Our room overlooked Villa Borghese and the hotel building is beautiful and in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - il cuore di Via Veneto batte in altoImmerse in your personal "Dolce Vita" at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, right on top of the noble Via Veneto and next door to the Villa Borghese gardens.This gracious edifice with the stylish decor capturing the grandeur of Neoclassicism is exclusively designed for those looking for refined luxury in an atmosphere of sophistication and the highest level of welcoming hospitality anticipating every need of today's business or leisure traveller.Just sink back in the timeless elegance of the superbly appointed rooms and relax, or delight in the culinary highlights of the Mediterranean cuisine at the restaurant The Cabiria. The adjoining bar is the ideal place to meet, to see, or be seen, or to take in the flamboyant atmosphere of Via Veneto.The rooftop Ailanto is the perfect setting for wedding receptions and exclusive celebrations, or simply for admiring the enchanting view over the roofs of the Eternal city.Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - right on the top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott and getaroom.com so you can book your Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Flora Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Grand Flora
- Marriott Rome
- Rome Marriott