The staff from the front door, to check in, to breakfast, to housekeeping were on all occasions, wonderful. Six days of interactions at various times were all positive. Arrived at 8am to a full hotel and they had my room cleaned by 10am. The regular check-in time is in the early afternoon.
Only complaint for room 309 (a suite) was that it is a hair worn... with split seams in the carpet, nicked furniture, and chipped paint. Not the norm for this price or brand. But Rome is a little worn as well... part of its charm. Some postings warn of the street noise, but not a bother to us. Plus third floor walk up was a nice alternative to the single elevator. Our window looked out at Harry's which was kind of fun to hang out of, and wave to the other tourists. Upper floor rooms had a view of the gardens... can't go wrong either way if you have the right attitude.
Great room service and housekeeping, plenty of fresh towels and twice-daily service.
Comp platinum breakfast was "fine" with a typical selection, nothing extraordinary (in comparison to the extraordinary one at the Paris Marriott). The roof top view IS extraordinary... why folks eat inside the strange tent-like atrium instead of outside with a view of Rome all around you is just plain weird.
Perfect location: Subway across the street on the corner by Harry's Barr, taxi stand 30 feet away, and a tour bus across the street. Taxi 48€ to FCO. 10€ to the Vatican.
Harry's Bar, the tourist trap across the street was terrible service. The ONLY poor service in 18 meals around the city. Stay away... plenty of other places to spend $15 on a beer. No fun or famous people go there anymore. Get you pic taken under the sign and run away.
Down the block and around the corner is Andre's - great food - great service - old school Italian. Across the street from Andre's is a less expensive traditional trattoria... wonderful staff and simple menu, which they adapt for you.
I'll go back and bring some hot glue to mend the carpet.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Flora Hotel Rome
- Marriott Grand Flora Hotel
- Marriott Hotel Rome
- Marriott Hotel Grand Flora
- Marriott Rome
- Rome Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - il cuore di Via Veneto batte in altoImmerse in your personal "Dolce Vita" at the Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, right on top of the noble Via Veneto and next door to the Villa Borghese gardens.This gracious edifice with the stylish decor capturing the grandeur of Neoclassicism is exclusively designed for those looking for refined luxury in an atmosphere of sophistication and the highest level of welcoming hospitality anticipating every need of today's business or leisure traveller.Just sink back in the timeless elegance of the superbly appointed rooms and relax, or delight in the culinary highlights of the Mediterranean cuisine at the restaurant The Cabiria. The adjoining bar is the ideal place to meet, to see, or be seen, or to take in the flamboyant atmosphere of Via Veneto.The rooftop Ailanto is the perfect setting for wedding receptions and exclusive celebrations, or simply for admiring the enchanting view over the roofs of the Eternal city.Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora - right on the top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.