“Central hotel but worn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,111 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Central hotel but worn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Not the best hotel, but close to bus and train and in a quiet street.
I get bitten by bedbugs and one of the beds was bad. Poor breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The really only good thing about this hotel is the location. We had two rooms, well one room and one cupboard. They were uncomfortable, noisy and dated although the beds were cleaner than previously reported on here. The lift was hit or miss whether it was working or not. The showers leaked and usually flooded the floor as the doors did not close properly. We could not have stayed any longer than the the 3 nights as this was enough. Came home exhausted through lack of sleep due to noise of traffic and drilling. The staff were unfriendly, unwelcoming and weren't really interested whether there were problems or not. You should not stay here if you have any kind of appetite and the breakfast was dismal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Nanaimo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Don't know where to start, avoid this place like the plague. Aside from the bedbugs, terrible service, overpriced and unavailable Internet, dirty mould filled rooms and awkward layouts, this place is a decent location for the price, but take one wrong turn and youre in the ghetto.

I purchased internet and the password was already expired, upon asking for a new code I was accused of "using it up" though I had only just purchased it from the same guy 5 minutes prior.

They take your key each time you leave the hotel, if you call this place a hotel. At which point you may get robbed, so please lock up your belongings. My roommate was robbed €150 from her money wallet the first night we stayed there.

What else... Breakfast is terrible, beds are bug ridden and uncomfortable, and the place smells like smoke and mould. Good luck finding somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have read the reviews and they reveal a similar experience that my husband and I had during our recent trip. We arrived after midnight on May 23rd, after check in we went to use the lift to get us up to the 3rd floor but it was not working. The staff could care less and we ended up having to drag our 5 pieces of luggage up the stairs with no help. We got into our room and tried to turn the air conditioning on but it was not working. Again the staff did not care and said you will have to wait till morning. The next morning we asked about the airconditioning and were told the air conditioning is not turned on and they wont turn it on for a few days. This was rather irritating because we booked the hotel after reading "individually controlled air conditioning" from Hotel Fiamma's website. We asked why it would say this if there was none but again staff did not care. We recieved a 20euro discount which was not nearly enough for being constantly uncomfortable in our room during our stay.

Our room was on a very busy street and it was very loud even with the windows closed. There was construction, a garbage truck that came every night ay 2:30, and a few different busses that drove by all night. Unfortunately because we had no airconditioning we slept with the window open because it was too hot in the room.

As for breakfast, there was not a very good display of food. And if you were there to late it was very picked over. And the coffee service was horrible. You had to sit at your table and wait for the staff to decided to come out to bring you coffee. One morning we sat there for 20 minutes before I found someone at the front desk and asked him to help us get some coffee. He yet again did not care and just told me to wait till they come out. They finally showed up another 10 minutes later and we had coffee.

The only thing I enjoyed about this hotel was its proximity to Termini Train Station and the neighborhood was not to bad at night.

But overall my experience was horrible. The level of service was dispicable, the staff did not care about anything and were completely unhelpful. I would never recomend anyone stay here, especially since there are so many other hotels around this one that may be much better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Fiamma because friends on a tight budget booked it and we wanted to be close to them during their trip to Europe. It is extremely well-located, very cheap, quiet, but that is really the end of anything positive I can say about it. I am very glad I did not read the other reviews before our trip ... at least we did not have any problem with bed bugs. Breakfast was inedible, the room was filthy, and once the air freshener wore off it revealed its true smell. All in all, it made me feel young again - it is sort of hotel I stayed in when I was a student and I felt like a break from sleeping in the station on a backpacking trip. Don't stay there unless you have to, or unless you feel like spicing up your trip to Rome with an authentic taste of the Third World. Except I have never experienced anything so bad in the Third World.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

My friend and I booked hotel Fiamma for it's central location and proximity to Termini Station. When we arrived at the hotel we were informed that we were being moved to a sister hotel due to an electrical problem. We were not given the courtesy of a phone call or email before our arrival to warn us of this supposed 'electrical' problem. We weren't given a choice of where to stay. The hotel said that the new location was close by but it was a 20 minute drive away and not as central. This was baffling since they had another sister hotel on the same street.

We didn't believe the electrical excuse because they were vacuuming and watching TV as we arrived. Also, there were other guests staying at the hotel. We met two other pairs of travelers who got the same treatment even though they arrived at different times from us.

The hotel we were moved to was not as nice and not as central. We sincerely believe that Fiamma overbooks because it is very nice and then moves the unlucky ones to hotels that are not as nice that don't have the needed occupancy.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
El Sauzal, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

The bedroom was tiny, with an overpowering smell of heating oil. This smell seemed to be on all floors however on the ground floor it was masked with airfreshener!
The wardarobe fell on my head when I opened it!!!
Very small and uncomfortable beds.
The buffet in the morning was awfull, milk was sour, bread stale etc...

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Leonardi Fiamma Hotel? Share your experiences!