“What a fantastic place!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Majestic Roma
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Vittorio Veneto 50, 00187 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #38 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Milano, Italia
“What a fantastic place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the hotel to stay when in Rome. Quite yet very central, the Majestic is a place where you can relax and enjoy Rome.
Everything is smooth, from check in to check out. The junior suite has a great view on the city and the little balcony is gold.
The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Except for the slight smell of sewage in my bathroom, and the hotels failure to get us a table for brunch, the stay at the majestic was rather enjoyable. Perfect location, beautifully decorated, and very friendly and helpful staff upstairs in the bar. Would stay here again, but in a room on the other side of the building preferably, the view on the back was not really ideal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I knew this was going to be a great hotel before we arrived. I had been in communication with the concierge prior to our arrival to organize a private tour, transfers, and make dinner reservations for us. They did an amazing job with all of our arrangements.

Unfortunately we arrived a day later than planned because of an error on Alitalia's part. I had pre-paid our room and was afraid I was going to lose the money I had paid. The hotel was kind enough to refund the money for the night we weren't there. Great customer service!

The hotel is beautiful, great rooms and the tasty breakfast on the beautiful terrace was a plus! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at the Majestic Roma after staying 4 nights at the Westin Excelsior. Wish I would have stayed the whole time at the Majestic. The people were so friendly and helpful. They would remember my name when I would leave and come back. The rooms were spotless and beautiful. What charm this building has. You must stay here if you go to Rome!!!

Stayed October 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms were nicely appointed, large marble bathroom, great bathroom amenities.. super comfy beds with loads of pillows...great natural sunlight in the rooms. The concierge 'Faisal' was superb! The hotel surprised me with a bottle of champagne on my birthday...really wonderful treat...This hotel will definitely be my hotel of choice during my next stay and for many visits to come!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing front of hotel - you will catch the morning sun. Find one in which the bathroom...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
springfield, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed just one night at this hotel so I don't want to be too critical. I will start with the good things. The location is excellent and I would stay in this area again if I ever return to Rome. Lots of activity and restaurants, close to the Spanish steps, within walking distance of the major attractions except for the Vatican. I definitely recommend taking a cab to the Vatican. One could walk it but it is quit a long way and not the most interesting area of the city to walk through. The train station is close to the hotel too, however, we took a cab there because it is too far to haul luggage. The Borghese Garden is very close to the hotel and we went there to run. It was VERY nice to be able to get a run in without having to worry about the traffic which is horrible in Rome. The bathroom in our room was large and nice. Our room was average size but well appointed.
My biggest complaint is the cost of the room. We payed 440 Euro which is well over $500 and even though the room was nice, it wasn't impressive. For that kind of money I expect to be impressed. We were comfortable, but really nothing more. My advice is to shop around this area and get a good deal on a hotel here. There are many. We over paid and it just wasn't necessary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiburon, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you're looking for a comfortably elegant hotel with Italian charm and first class service in a good location, this is your place.

If you want a modern international hotel where everything is top notch and works as it's supposed to, look elsewhere.

Rooms are beautifully furnished in Italian period style, but could have more electric outlets and storage. No tea or coffee maker is provided.

Things are elegant but don't always work well. There's one lovely ancient elevator. It's gorgeous but it can take five minutes, including the wait, to get between your room floor and the lobby at busy hours.

In our bathroom, the door latch didn't work (until the third time we asked, when it was promptly fixed) and the toilet flush had to be held for ten seconds to remove waste.

The front desk provided perfect service and answered all our questions (although any possible slight on anything Italian will receive a lengthy explanation in rebuttal, so it's best to be tactful or not in a hurry). The restaurant recommendations were accurate and the concierge seemed pained at the thought of having us stumble into a tourist trap. When we slept late one day, we were told we could have the room made up even into the evening. That's unusual for any hotel.

The 30 euro buffet breakfast was a continental breakfast with a continental selection, cold except for the option to order scrambled or fried eggs with bacon or sausage. The first day the sausage was raw in the middle, the bacon, ordered crisp, wasn't, and it took three tries to get eggs over hard actually cooked hard.

But when three of us ordered eggs, it took two waiters to remove the metal domes from all three plates at the same instant. Like I said, first class service, but not everything works.

All that said, we stayed here 15 years ago on our first visit to Rome, and would probably come back a third time. You shouldn't come to Rome to stay in a Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Majestic Roma? Share your experiences!