“THE Best Hotel In Rome and the BEST Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Rome

You added The St. Regis Rome to your Saves list
The St. Regis Rome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #84 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
NYC
“THE Best Hotel In Rome and the BEST Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Last week, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the St. Regis Grand Hotel Rome.
I am the General Partner of a successful venture capital firm and know luxury.
The purpose of our stay was to attend a friend's 4 day wedding. There were events held at the St. Regis and I must say, the service was outstanding across all fronts.

In particular, Monica Zanghirato, Events Sales Coordinator was amazing! Her eye for detail was spectacular, and each guests desires were attended to.

When staying in Rome on business or pleasure, The St. Regis is THE ONLY place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This was our second stop in Italy for our honeymoon. from the train station, it was a quick 10 minute ride, the hotel is known to some cabbies under a different name (but now I forgot what he said), he found it after calling it in but it was no problem, I loved taking the ride. We immediately were impressed with the grandeur of the hotel & the staff. We were upgraded to a suite and greeted with a bottle of champagne, a really nice touch. Upon venturing, we were a little lost, hotel is huge and there were is much space we felt like royalty in a castle. The gym is hard to get to but most of our stay no one realy went there so we had a lot of privacy. Sometime we had to call for water but they came pretty fast.

I did have one problem, on our first day, there was a bald headed young guy at the concierge desk who had an attitude and sent us the wrong way when we asked how to get to the coliseum. We actually walked around Rome for hours only to find the train station a block away and the colisuem about a 20 minute walk. When we walked by the fountain, you can see it from the hotel, yuo make a right and follow the path. We actually saw the movie premiere of "Made of Honor"...lots of stars and that was really cool. they even did a press conference in our hotel!

The next time we spoke with him he had the "same chip" on shoulder and my husband wanted to talk to someone but I passed. Why let him ruin our trip so we knew not to go to him again and asked the doormen questions, they were just as informed and willing to help. Just be ready to tip.

Rome is awesome, its beautiful and bustling, just as we expected. We toured on foot most days and just got lost in the atmosphere, the steps are somehitng not to miss and afterwards go window shopping, you cant miss this. We also stopped at a deli, got lunch and sat on the steps and ate. There are so many people, be prepared but it was fun.

Enjoy, I would go back in a heartbeat, bring money it is not CHEAP.

Next time though I think I woud try the Westin, it was a better location with a park across the street.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed here using Starwood points in Dec-09 and found everything about the hotel luxurious, warm, friendly and ridiculously priced (of course)...especially with the bad US/Euro exchange rate. We had a beautiful room and the hotel seemed nearly empty which probably helped the service. It is in a great location with an easy 5-10 minute walk to subway, restaurants, train station and local sights. I would stay here again in a second, as long as I wasn't paying for it. If you don't buy anything inside the hotel, it works out great.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

The husband and I stayed here on Starwood points+cash on our Honeymoon last May. As the reviewer below notes, it's a total steal if you can stay here on cash + points. This is a beautiful hotel from which we had absolutely no problem walking to and from all of the touristy sites in Rome. If you're lazy or unable to walk due to injury, I don't think a cab from this hotel would be too pricey.

We knew the minute we walked into the lobby that we were totally out of our league. We were the only guests not in business attire but hey, it was our honeymoon so we weren't bothered. Despite the fact that we were totally underdressed and paying via cash/points, we were still treated just as well as any other guest, which is a standard for Starwood. Their service is unmatched, no doubt.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I wrote a review of this place that was critical on Aug 5, 2007. I sent my review to the General Manager of the St. Regis, who promptly replied (regrettably, this review should have been written sooner.) But the GM wrote me back and offered me a complimentary stay in the hopes that I would give them another chance. My point is not to highlight the free stay but rather to acknowledge his efforts to rectify a poor situation. He did. We received stellar service upon our return, and while I'm sure we were the couple who had "made the complaint," we were treated with kindness and fairness and enjoyed a pleasant stay over the holidays.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We got this hotel for our Rome visit last minute when the cash and points option opened up- it sure was a steal. I think it sucks when people say "not sure if i would have stayed here full price" for one of these starwood reviews.

The location is central enough unless you are a lazy, lazy slob. I guess the obese and elderly might have a tough time but it's equidistant between spanish steps, trevi fountain and the colsseum/palantine/forum area- wife and I walked everywhere.

Concierge hooked us up with a boss Ethiopian restaurant in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chetwynd, BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

My 21 year old daughter and I stayed at the St. Regis Grand from December 30 - January 4. The hotel is very lovely, the room is smaller than it looks on the internet photo's, but nice. We were deciding between the St. Regis and the Westin Excelsior, we ended up choosing the St. Regis because of its closeness to the Termini station (my daughter had to meet someone there) the station is just a couple of blocks away. We walked to the Westin Excelsior on our 4th day in Rome to see what it looked like. The area that the Westin is located in is so much better than the St. Regis location. If I would have known this before we booked I would have chosen the Westin hands down over the St. Regis. The Westin is as grand as the St. Regis, and you have a much nicer location. The street is way less busy and a lot wider and prettier. You have lots of restaurants to choose from near the Westin and none to choose from near the St. Regis. The only real restaurant close to the St. Regis is the one in the hotel and the prices are outrageous. Also just down the street from the Westin is the most beautiful park we have ever been in, there are water fountains and statues galore. The park was the best part of the Westin's location. We got great photo's from there and ate good meals in the selection of nearby restaurants. When you do go to Rome, be sure to use the Hop on Hop off buses, I believe there are 3 or 4 different companies operating them. We paid 19 euros per person for 24 hours of travel. Make sure to sit on the upper part of the bus and take the full loop of the drive from start to finish, taking photo's as you go. Then do the loop again and get off at the stops to see the sights. Using the Hop on Hop off bus was awesome.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis Rome? Share your experiences!