“St. Regis was wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Rome

You added The St. Regis Rome to your Saves list
The St. Regis Rome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #84 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
A TripAdvisor Member
“St. Regis was wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

First of all I want to to thank everyone on Trip Advisor who helped me plan our amazing trip to Italy! Your advice and help was priceless! I thought that I should share my thoughts now as well! We loved the St. Regis, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the service was excellent. We had a standard double room and they upgraded us to a Junior Suite at no extra charge. The room was lovely with gorgeous sitting area and a bathroom with a claw foot tub. It isn't located in the center of town, however, we walked often or just grabbed a cab (cost 5 euro to get to the Vatican or Forum). The bar/reception area was outstanding...absolutely gorgeous. We would definitely return to this hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

I never stayed in a better hotel!!! I stayed ther for 2 nights last weekend, and I will remember this holiday forever! The service is excellent, we booked a junior suite, but we had a suite...enormous!!! The breakfast is a lunch at all, the restaurant is gorgeous, night service absolutely fantastic. In 5 minutes walking we arrived in via Veneto, Fontana di Trevi and Spanish steps are svery close..... If anybody looks for the best in Rome, St. Regis is the good choice!

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2005

Just stayed 6 nights (4/22-4/28/05) at the St. Regis. Very hospitable staff, courteous and accommodating. All the staff that we were in contact with spoke fluent English. Delivered clementines to our room upon check-in. Also delivered Easter bread courtesy of the hotel on Easter. Room had sitting area with loveseat, desk, armoire with tv and minibar. Large bathroom especially for European hotels. Comfortable bedroom with second tv (great bonus since I was with my 16-year old daughter and did not wish to watch MTV whenever we were in the room). Wonderful blackout curtains for mornings when you need to sleep in. Hotel missed opportunity to remind guests with a card in the room or message on telephone of the time change in Italy which took place on March 27 (Easter). Our breakfast arrived an hour earlier than we thought we had requested it that day. If breakfast is not included in your stay, it can become pricey eating at the hotel each morning, and there is not much else in the area. Only complaint is the location. While it is near the Metro and Termini station (avoid area at night), I would have preferred being closer to either the Piazza Navona or the Spanish Steps. After walking all day while sightseeing, a short stroll would have been preferable to jumping in a cab or walking a good distance. Being a Starwood member, I think the Westin Excelsior is in a better location on the Via Veneto and is also across from Hard Rock if you are staying with a young person.

Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2005

The service was fabulous, the staff was extremely friendly, and our room was incredible!! After I checked in, I was walked to my room by a member of the front desk who asked me all the while if there was anything else we needed. The concierge was extremely helpful and gave great advice on restaurants. To be honest, I expected less, considering I walked in there looking like a bum off the street (when I travel, I travel comfortably!). We did not eat in the hotel restaurant, but all other aspects of our stay were absolutely incredible. We are in the process of planning our return trip...

• Stayed May 2001

Been to The St. Regis Rome? Share your experiences!