“Great hotel & location, room a little warm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Morgana

You added Hotel Morgana to your Saves list
Hotel Morgana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Filippo Turati 33/37, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino)   |
Ranked #236 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great hotel & location, room a little warm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I would stay at this hotel again, but not when it is warm outside. The hotel tried to make my room cooler, but they were not successful. They did find a fan for me - thank goodness and I survived. My family had 4 rooms and 3 of them were too warm.

Any time we asked for anything it arrived at the door within 5 minutes. There are areas in the lobby to sit and visit and the breakfast was very good. The free wi-fi was good too. It is close to great restaurants, the Termini is very convenient and there is a self-service laundry 1 block over that was a life saver. I can't wait to visit Italy again and would definitely consider this hotel.

1 thing that stood out to me - the front desk called my room and asked if I wanted a bucket of ice. I had called the night before to get one, but I'm still not sure if they called me on purpose or they meant to call another room and I lucked out. I appreciated it either way. :)

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that has been updated. While my room had character, the carpet was very wo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Flavia80, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Morgana, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for having posted your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Morgana in occasion of a return visit to Rome.
Hotel Morgana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a small little place, but a very nice room, very close to all the historical sites and just one block from the train station Roma Termini. The room was very nice. It came with free breakfast. The staff was very kind and efficient. It is in an old building but our room was brand new and very nice. The internet worked great from our room. The neighborhood is ethnic and many locals, but my wife and I enjoyed it and never faced and security issues at any hour of the night. I have read many reviews from people saying the neighborhood was terrible, or run down etc. I guess it just depends on what you want. It is safe. Are there some people of other races and ethnicities in the area, yes. Will someone possibly try and sell you something, yes. Never, ever did my wife or I ever feel uncomfortable, much less in any danger. Some folks want to always stay on Fifth Avenue in New York or it is considered a bad area. This place was great. And the best part is that you can take the Leonardo express train straight from the airport to Roma Termini. Get off and walk one block to hotel. So from hotel to airport and back is 28 Euros. Round trip in 30 minutes. You can't beat it.

Room Tip: Away from street
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review. We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel Morgana in a near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This very comfortable hotel is near the Termini and several restaurants. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We stayed there 3 different times during our vacation in Italy. It felt like we were coming home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for having posted your lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to know that you had a nice stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back to the Hotel Morgana very soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from four days at the Morgana and thought I'd leave a quick review to say how good the hotel and the staff were. The hotel was clean and really well maintained. Our room appeared to have been recently maintained with high quality fittings and furnishings. One observation was that the desk was a little tatty and could do with a little repair. Other than that, nothing to fault it. Breakfast in the morning provided a good continental selection and set us up for a full day of walking in Rome. The service provided by the reception staff was unbeatable. A particular mention should go to the lady at reception for the majority of our stay (sorry, didn't catch her name) who provided directions and advice when needed and always asked about your day and gave handy hints and tips regarding restaurants and tourist attractions/transport etc.. A great experience and when returning to Rome we agreed the Morgana will definitely get our business once again. One thing we felt was missing was a proper hotel bar, however there are so many around that even the most weary and late-arriving traveller won't have far to wander.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy to know that you had a nice experience and we can't wait to welcoming you back to the Hotel Morgana in a near future.
Best regards,
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

its really good for value!and the location is good, just 3 minute walk from the station and where the open top buses depart from. the bed was very wide but no long enough due to me being 200cm.the staff are nice and polite. the bar with the tv and nepalese staff is very good value for money!only really had 2 problems. the breakfast was just scrambled egg and cold bacon, there was also cakes.also our bathroom was very leaky. who ever plumbed the waste pipes in need to come back. when ever we used water it was leak everwhere on the floor!but on the whole very good and would defiantly come back.

Room Tip: close the window shutters to keep the room cooler
Dear Guest,
Thanks for having posted your nice review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you had a lovely stay with us and we hope that you will book our Hotel Morgana again in the future.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I enjoyed four nights at the Morgana in June. The afternoon reception staff were particulary friendly and I always got a hearty welcome at the restaurant when arriving for breakfast (I recommend the scrambled egg and bacon).

I found the location great as a base for exploring Rome, particulary as it is only a brief walk to to the Termini station to pick up the Express train when heading back to the airport.

The room I settled on after seeing two, was very nice and had a large bathroom, which I would expect as I booked early direct with the hotel and upgraded to an executive room after reading reviews that some of the rooms were small (which can't be helped by the black striped wallpaper). The initial room that I was presented with was small (only enough room to walk around the double bed), was dark and had a tiny bathroom.

My booking included the excellent buffet breakfast and a free mini-bar, which was never restocked as per the particular room offer, but as I avoid too many soft drinks did not persue it. I was also surprised that a four-star hotel would charge a daily fee if you wanted a kettle in your room.

The large flatscreen TV had an excellent picture, with three channels in English - BBC News (no sound), CNN and a Sky Movies channel. The World Cup was showing on the main Italian channel though so this got the most use! The free Wi-Fi was just about ok, I was getting only a Fair signal on any of the four access points visible from my room, enough to check e-mails or new sites.

The well furnished room was always very clean and with the efficient air-conditioning, very welcoming after walking for miles each day!

Room Tip: I had a room facing an inner courtyard which was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review.
We are happy to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to the Hotel Morgana in a near future.
High Wycombe, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

There's no better place to stay in Rome than Termini if you're taking the train from the airport and get around on foot or public transport. We all know it's not the prettiest district but at least it has cheap restaurants and quick links to the rest of Rome. You're a 2 minute walk to the station, 5 mins to a supermarket under Platform 1, 5 minutes to the bus station. The Colesseum is 2 stops on the metro or a 20 minute walk and the restaurants and bars of Trastevere are a crowded 15 minutes on the H bus (or use the 40 and change to the 8 tram at Piazza Venezia).

Bearing all that in mind you'll find a comfortable city centre hotel with excellent staff and a good breakfast. The bed was huge and the room a typical city centre size. The maid service was very good and the receptionists and breakfast staff are a cut above your average. There's no coffee making facilities in the room without paying extra but there is free tea, coffee and cakes at all times downstairs.

We booked through Avios and therefore you don't have to spend lots if you've, er, already spent lots to get your Avios points.

One tip - if you ask for a restaurant tip make your budget clear. We didn't and spent more than we wanted to on a less than amazing meal. The bar with the TVs on the street corner is fine for a snack. If you like food make the effort to get out of Termini and eat well for lots less.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Flavia80, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Morgana, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having posted your nice review on TripAdvisor.
We are happy to know that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Morgana in a near future.
Hotel Morgana

Been to Hotel Morgana? Share your experiences!