The hotel is "Rome style", i.e. classical style. So if you enjoy zen, modern and minimalistic hotel, don't go there. The hotel is huge and it is quite a challenge to find the room the 1st night. I found the carpet on the floor a little bit old and the shower section could be renewed. Other than that, no complains. Location is good and it is in walking distance to almost everywhere in Rome.
Good buffet breakfast but very expensive (around 30 Euros if I remember well).
It is just a pity that for the size of the hotel, the size of the swimming pool is ridiculous (probably due to the fact it is a historical building).
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel Rome
- Westin Rome
- Westin Excelsior Hotel
- Rome Westin
- Excelsior Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restful and invigorating stay awaits you in one of our 281 rooms and 35 suites, few steps from Rome center and facing Via Veneto, hearth of DolceVita.Our rooms will welcome you with maximum comfort and technology and are equipped with the revitalizing Westin Heavenly Bed ®, high-speed Internet connection (surcharge), LCD flat screen televisions, pay-per-view movies and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Excelsior, Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.