Stayed one night in November at this charming hotel. The location is great, near Villa Borghese and a few minutes walk from the Spanish Steps.
I checked in around 10 am on a Sunday and they had a room ready for me. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. As a Starwood platinum, I was upgraded to a very large room with a balcony overlooking Via Venetto.
The hotel is very old and looks it. In some ways, the age imparts some charm, in others, it looks outdated. The bathroom was nice and very clean. The shower was great.
Overall this is a very nice hotel. Starwood ranks it the same as the St. Regis, which is not accurate. While it is nice, the St. Regis is considerably nicer in terms of amenities, furnishings, bedding and ambiance.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel Rome
- Westin Rome
- Westin Excelsior Hotel
- Rome Westin
- Excelsior Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restful and invigorating stay awaits you in one of our 281 rooms and 35 suites, few steps from Rome center and facing Via Veneto, hearth of DolceVita.Our rooms will welcome you with maximum comfort and technology and are equipped with the revitalizing Westin Heavenly Bed ®, high-speed Internet connection (surcharge), LCD flat screen televisions, pay-per-view movies and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Excelsior, Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.