“My favourite hotel to visit Rome” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #695 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Doha
“My favourite hotel to visit Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Though this hotel is closer to Fumicino Airport than central Rome , but the size of the rooms and the room prices make up for that , though the hotel does need a makeover , ice machines not operating badly supplied bathrooms , no cotton buds no in room safes , though the air conditioning has been vastly improved since last time I stayed here back in 2008 , I would like the breakfast buffet to have a little wider variety .
Though the wifi is great for downloading until 6 am but once other people start putting pressure on the server it goes down to a snails pace .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hotel close to the airport and about 30 minutes drive to the center.
They have private bus that drives you to the center of town.
Rooms really big with two queen size beds.
About 5-7 minutes walk distance to the train station.
Big restaurant with very tasty breakfast.
Nice a la carte restaurant.
Reception staff dont speak so good english.
Surely stay again next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Web site photos show decent renovated rooms.
Reality for us is a room that hasn't been refurbished within the last 15 years.
Old dated look, carpet worn down.
The bathroom although clean and decently maintained is especially worn and outdated.

Location is ok for a stopover, easy to get to from motorway.
Wouldn't recommend staying here for visiting Rome as a tourist.

Stayed August 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Swen-Helge H,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you give us a chance to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I spent nearly 3 months on a business trip where from choice I selected this hotel, rather than the others in the nearby area.

Key benefits were location (railway station) is minutes away and hotel has a shuttle. Foods fine and a decent gym and relaxing bar. Price wise is competitive and staff always with a smile.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Overall a nice hotel and just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn on the whole. We booked it for its swimming pool etc as we travelled with two children and wanted to mix sight seeing with some time in/around the pool etc. The price you pay is the hotel's location which is about half way between the airport and city centre in a sort of business district with no other amenities. However, the main line railway station (Muratella) is a five minute walk away and provides a good link to the airport in one direction and the city centre in the other with interchanges with the metro; tickets available in the hotel shop; kids travel free and adults travel from 1 euro for one journey. Buffet breakfast was ok. We ate in the hotel restaurant on our arrival as it was too late to go in to the city centre and it was ok. The bad points; The third floor of the hotel is being renovated which we were not advised of in advance which was unfortunate as the drilling started at about 0700 hours! The sting in the tail for me when checking out was being charged an extra 25 euros "City Tax" ??? for charging my bar drinks to the room; wished I'd just paid in cash! A nice stay but if you don't want a pool etc I'd stay in the city centre as this hotel is several miles away.

Room Tip: Top floors have been renovated I believe; third floor is currently a building site and noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Richard P,
Thank you for writing us your experience with the Holiday Inn Rome-Parco dei Medici. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any service you received that was less than professional.
Thank you also for your positive comments on the hotel's location.
We apologize for the works in progress of the hotel; we have taken the necessary precautions to avoid noises but sometimes it seemed that this was not enough.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again Richard P, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn brand for your future travel needs.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The rooms were spacious and had all the amenities you could ask for. I really enjoyed the pool area where it was very well landscaped. There was free Wifi and the room came with a free buffet breakfast. My only problem with the hotel was the buffet coffee was from a machine and the bathtub didn't drain when I arrived. It was immediately fixed when I notified the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool can be noisy if you keep your window open.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Sunshine32999,
Thank you for experiencing the Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici.
We have appreciated your positive criticism on the coffee machine which we have reported to our Maitre d'Hotel who supervises the Restaurant. We are pleased also that our technician has promptly fixed the bathtub up in the room. This is what we intend as "teamwork". We need your suggestions and opinions in order to improve our services and make your next stay even better.
Thank you again for your contribution. We have really appreciated it.
With kind regards
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A little difficult for me to write this as I am an IHG Member - Gold Elite and always stay at Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza chains around the world.

Let me say that there is nothing wrong with the Hotel. Rooms are good, pool area great, a little way out from Rome Central but close to airport.

1. No Service, no service, no service... That's it in a nutshell.

We arrived with our hire car, pulled up the front, unloaded 3 large suitcases and hand luggage, I went to park the car, and my wife had to bring in the suitcases by herself, all under the watchful eye of Hotel staff, with no assistance whatsoever. Bravo! Strike No1

2. Checking in (my error not the hotels - used points as I am a member) I had booked for the night before... Oops sorry my mistake... So instead of helping' all I got was I need your credit card for the night as we need to charge it, and get this you have lost the 25000 points... Now again I don't blame the staff for this... It was my error, but the arrogance shown by a staff member Antonella was disgraceful pointing out the wrong date, it was if I was a naughty boy... Ummm yep I get it, but don't you work for the Holiday Inn, so it can be corrected? Apparently Not, I have to contact IHG! Strike No2

3. After getting to our Room, my son, logs into the free WIFI on his phone, I and my wife also attempt to log on to our devices... Hmmm not working, so call reception and get the "friendly" Antonella.
Me - Hi I'm having trouble logging into WiFI, my son's device is working, but I can't log in.
Staff - that's correct, only can use 1 device at a time.
Me - But there are 3 of us in the room.
Staff - yes, I can offer you 1 more free log in for the room.
Me - hmmm right, but there are 3 of us in the room
Staff - I'm sorry that's all I can offer.
Me - Are you the manager?
Staff - (getting frustrated now) - No, I'm not the manager.
Me- Hmm, then can I speak to the Manager?
Staff - after a lengthy delay, I get put through
Manager - yes Sir we can give you 3 WIFI passcodes.

Strike 3 - your out

Wow!! Talk about debacle

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel, if you want service!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Luke M,
Thank you for writing your experience with the Holiday Inn Rome-Parco dei Medici. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any service you received that was less than professional.
Thank you also for your positive comments on the hotel's location and for the nice guestrooms.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
I have forwarded your comments to the General Manager and ownership of this hotel. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible, and am confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve the services.
Once again Luke M , we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

With kind regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici? Share your experiences!