My wife and I stayed here from 28th Feb to 3rd March 2013. I have to say that we we're very disapointed with the hotel. It claims to be a 4 star hotel but it fell far short of what I'd expect from a 4 star hotel or what I've experienced at other 4 star hotels. This was barley a 3 star I'd say.
So what was wrong? Well to start with the room we stayed in was basic beyond belief. We went for a mid priced room and it was small, very small with little room around the bed to move. The carpets were worn down to the point that you could have seen the underlay had there been any, in fact the carpets were hard and straight on the boards which it was worn through to in places. There was a wardrobe with a rail but only one shelf in a different until that was 30 cm wide, no draws at all, not enouth for a couple to use for a long weekend. There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room, this is something even the cheapest of hotels offer. The materess was very uncomfortable with two awful pillows that felt like it was just balls of cotton wool in side the pillow case. The room in general was worn in every way.
The room service was only open for short periods each day and the people who answered the phone was just plain rude. We called down for an ice bucket and were told we'd have to go to the kitchen ourselves to get it! The choice was also very limited and expensive. The maids did a very poor job of cleaning the rooms and didn't replace the shower gel once it was empty.
Plus points for the hotel? Well its location is good for walking to most of the attactions in central Rome, oh and they did offer free WiFi, but it didn't work at all on Friday night or Saturday morning, the time when we needed it the most.
To sum up the NH Leonardo da Vinci hotel in Rome I'd say that this may once have been a hotel that managed to attain 4 stars but that was a long time ago and they make no effort to act in a 4 star way.
I'm not sure how it compares to other hotels in Rome but I'd never stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel Rome
- Nh Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel
- Jolly Hotel Rome
- Jolly Leonardo Da Vinci
- Jolly Hotel Leonardo Da Vinci
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Leonardo da Vinci hotel is located in a quiet and elegant residential area in Rome, very close to the Vatican City and the magnificent Castel Sant’ Angelo. The hotel’s setting in the exclusive Prati district offers an ideal location to experience the extraordinary beauty of Rome. The hotel is within walking distance of fabulous landmarks such as Piazza del Popolo and Piazza di Spagna (Trinità dei Monti). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your NH Leonardo da Vinci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.