The hotel itself is in a decent location, with good continental breakfast & bar with late hours. Unfortunately, staff is limited and with a group of over 8 blocked rooms, there are a variation of stories indicating poor service, housekeeping and overall experience.
Pros: Stellar location. Hot and cold breakfast. A variation of eggs, cold cuts & cheeses is constantly replenished and the juices (over 5) offer guests a variety of beverages. Crossoints, breads and cheeses line the buffet style eating and the coffee maker allows guest a personalized drink menu from espresso to hot chocolate to macchiato. It's buffet style so don't expect superb blends. Free wifi. Clean lobby. Educated staff.
Cons: Limited room service hours. You can easially be charged for wifi if you don't properly log in via their daily passwords which are renewed everyday yet link to your credit card info/guest info. ***HOUSEKEEPING WILL CLEAN YOUR ROOM EVEN IF YOU LEAVE A DO NOT DISTRUB SIGN***. (This happened daily even after multiple notifications to the front desk). Front desk staff is always minimal leaving it difficult to communicate with them during check in (early AM) & check out (lunchtime) times.
We came here with a large group of people (8 rooms) and multiple items are missing. Although miniscule (perfume, airplane pillow, shoeboxes, etc.) it is an indicator of troubled housekeeping. Call it stealing, misplacing or lack of supervision - but it is not okay to permit such behavior. Front desk was unable to resolve the issues saying "we do not have your items in Lost & Found".
Overall, this is a great hotel for college students or backpacking individuals on a budget however keep in mind that there are serious issues. If you intend to go shopping, be aware of the housekeeping issues. I highly recommend the safe for personal cash, credit cards, etc - but be conscious of your larger, big ticket items.
Disappointed but okay for the price if you are here for a long period of time. Wishing I still had my airplane pillow.
Serious bummer but more bummed on the principal of it being gone then the actual value of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Leonardo da Vinci hotel is located in a quiet and elegant residential area in Rome, very close to the Vatican City and the magnificent Castel Sant’ Angelo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your NH Leonardo Da Vinci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel Rome
- Jolly Hotel Rome
- Jolly Leonardo Da Vinci
- Jolly Hotel Leonardo Da Vinci