We scrambled to find a room the same night and found most were well above 150 euro per night. We found the Castrum Boccea to be a very good deal, around $79 euro per room in October. The reviews mentioned free transport to and from the airport, but it cost 75 euro and we didn't find this out until after we had arranged for the pick up. Not a rip off, but it was surprising. I suppose a taxi would cost much more as this is quite a drive from center city.
The property is spectacular. We all wished we had more time here.
The restaurant was phenominal. Our first exposure to Italian in Italy food and it didn't disappoint.
The service was wonderful. Everyone was very nice.
The rooms were great, the walls were little thin, we could hear our neighbors pretty easily, although the surrounding area is so quite that may be more to blame than the construction.
This wasn't my favorite place, and I wish I could get it a 4.5, there are better places, closer to town, but this was wonderfully exceeding in all of our expectations.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castrum Boccea Hotel Rome
- Relais Castrum Boccea Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Roman countryside just 30 minutes from downtown is the "Castrum Boccea" a historic medieval relay turned into a hotel.Thanks to a restoration can have a look at history and relive the glories of bygone days. Surrounded by lush vegetation provides ample space inside and outside, ideal for weddings, business meetings and stay in complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Relais Castrum Boccea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.