My husband and I stayed at this hotel when visiting Rome at Easter. The hotel itself is in a lovely spot, away from Rome (approx 40 mins via shuttle bus) in the peaceful countryside. Our room was adequate and clean. It was fairly quiet when we were there so we didn't experience any noise from other guests. The breakfasts were fantastic although the staff didn't understand much basic English if you asked for anything a little different. My husband wanted boiling water to make his own cup of tea (as they only serve coffee) but was given warm water. It was sorted eventually and put right the next day and subsequent days but was hard work initially.
We had one meal at the hotel restaurant in the evening which was so disappointing. There were a lot of local visitors that evening so it was very busy and sadly very understaffed. This resulted in poor service and wrong meals being served. The whole thing was so bad we ended up getting our money back and an offer of a free meal the next night - which I have to say was of much better quality but poor in terms of value for money.
Our inital complaint wasn't handled well and was left to be sorted out the following morning rather than on the evening the problems happened. Yes, we got a free meal so the hotel could show they can get it right but for this class of hotel it should be right first time!
My other gripe was when we paid our final bill on leaving. We had an email from the hotel with vouchers for our transport to and from the airport (a very good service). An extra 30 euros was added to the bill despite us being given vouchers and already quoted for this before we went on holiday. I was asked to refer this to the Manager but nothing was done about it.
These two incidents (for want of a better term) and the way they were mishandled in our opinion brought the hotel very much down in our estimation.
Rome itself was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Castrum Boccea Hotel
- Relais Castrum Boccea Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the Roman countryside just 30 minutes from downtown is the "Castrum Boccea" a historic medieval relay turned into a hotel.Thanks to a restoration can have a look at history and relive the glories of bygone days. Surrounded by lush vegetation provides ample space inside and outside, ideal for weddings, business meetings and stay in complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Relais Castrum Boccea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.