“Shore Excursions in Italy - Oct 11-13th 2011” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Limousine Company operating in Italy since 1998. We do guided Tours from all the Italian Ports, provided by multilingual drivers driving Mercedes A/C Vehicles.
Wall, New Jersey
“Shore Excursions in Italy - Oct 11-13th 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We contracted with Shore Excurions in Italy for our tours in Florence/Pisa - Rome - Naples/Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Well these tours exceeded our expectations. I had an accident while in Europe and had to use a scooter, but they were able to accomodate me, my scooter and 6 people!!!! I didn't miss anything!
Our driver Carlo was our tour guide for our 1st two days. He was very informative and always got the best parking spot to meet you after touring! I sat out on the sistine chaple, so I asked Carlo to take me to a place I could get Italian cheese and wine and he did. We also got a nice expresso while waiting for the others. Thanks Carlo!
When we got to Naples - our driver was Adriano who was also informative and funny! He made sure we saw everything we needed to see, we had lunch with the freshest pasta we have ever had and the best appetizers before lunch!!! I can still taste it. YUMM
If you don't use this company for your next trip to Italy I would feel really sorry for you. What ever your desire is, this company can accomodate anyone, anytime and with last minute request. I also have to give a big shout out to their person Monica who emails you with your reservations. She was right on top of my question about my scooter.
Thanks everyone for a very memorable trip to Italy!
Pamela F

Visited October 2011

Los Angeles, California
“Shore Excursions in Italy Exceeded Our Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My traveling companion and I booked with Shore Excursions in Italy for shore excursions in the ports of Livorno, Civitavecchia and Naples as part of our Western Mediterranean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. Our cruise departed October 8 from Barcelona. The ship offerred a variety of shore excursions and we took a ship tour in one of the French ports. However, we wanted to get the most out of our time in the Italian ports, and our experiences with Shore Excursions were the highlights of our trip!

We were met by Ricardo as we were got off the ship in Livorno. He drove us to Pisa where we saw the Leaning Tower, the Duomo and the Baptistry. Pisa was nice, but one quickly sees the major sights in a short period of time. The best part of that day was Florence. We saw all of the important sights, including the Accademia Museum where Michelangelo's David is on display. Shore Excursions booked advanced reservations which saved us from standing for hours in line at the Accademia. We also had time to shop and have lunch at a lovely sidewalk restaurant.

Fausto met us the next day in the port town of Civitavecchia and took us to Rome. We saw so much (and there is a lot to see for first-time visitors), that we skipped lunch. Our tour included the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Capitol Hill, Palatine Hill, the Baths of Caracalia, the Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. We then were met by a licensed guide for a 2 hour tour of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Again, because of the advance reservations made by Shore Excursions, we did not stand in line. Rome was very crowded, and Fausto took great pains to make sure we got close to all of the attractions. He was very adept at parking in some very challenging spots!

The following day, Ricardo met us in Naples. We had a wonderful day, starting with Pompeii where we engaged a guide who gave us an extensive tour. We then drove along the Amalfi coast, stopping in Positano which is a beautiful village along the hillside. We got to do some shopping before heading to Sorrento. We had a great lunch at a local restaurant looking out on the main square. We finished our day walking along the narrow streets full of shops.

It would have been nice not to have to contend with so many other tourists, but several cruise ships arrive in the ports on the same day. Our driver-guides, Ricardo and Fausto, were masterful in navigating narrow, crowded streets, always taking great pains to get us close to the sights and making sure we had time to enjoy them. They were both very knowledgeable about Italian history and culture and gave us lots of great information.

I also appreciated the fact that they were punctual, meeting us as soon as we exited the ship, managing our time so as to acccomodate traffic conditions, provide us an excellent tour experience and get us back to the ship on time.

All our arrangements were made by email; I communicated with Monica in their office who answered all my questions very patiently and thoroughly. They gave us good advice as to when to consider engaging special guides, such as for the Vatican and Pompeii. In fact, Shore Excursions provided the Vatican guide at their expense since we booked three tours. Their rates were per vehicle and for a full day. If we had had another couple along, we could have split the cost. But I believe we got great value for the money we spent. They are tops in my opinion. I plan to return to Italy next year, and I will certainly book with them again.

Visited October 2011
Malibu, California
3 attraction reviews
“Fasinating Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Rome is a wonderful city full of history, art and great food! You can stroll along streets from one attraction to another, or take the public transportation. It's best to bring alonhg a city map that is available on the internet. Give yourself a full day to two days. If you arrive by ship, keep in mind that it is about a 45 minute drive into Rome.

Visited September 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Great drivers and tour guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We used the touring services in 2 cities. We had a great experience in touring Florence and Rome. In both cities, they met us on time, were professional, had clean cars in excellent condition, and provided great history on the places we visited. The drivers were very safe and trustworthy. The company's ability to jump the long lines to get into the various places was awesome! We really enjoyed Carlo and Lucia (spelling) and had great experiences with everyone from the company from the booking to all the people we met drivers, and tour guides. They all spoke english very well and were very enthusiastic. Thank you.

Visited September 2011
Mallorca
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic day seeing the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii with a great guide.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had just one day in this area on our cruise and decided to book with Shore Excursions in Italy instead of the excursion offered by the cruise line. Our driver was Adriano, and from the moment he picked us up at 8 in the morning until he dropped us off back at our ship at 6:00, we had a fabulous time. Adriano provided nonstop commentary, and endless funny stories t he whole time. We were a family group of seven, including adults and teenagers. We would definitely recommend this company and this particular driver.

Visited August 2011