“Nice and clean, good location but bad noise isolation” 3 of 5 stars

B&B La Roma di Camilla
Viale degli Ammiragli 67, 00136 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #115 of 2,893 Rome B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice and clean, good location but bad noise isolation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

First of all I have to mention that this was our first B&B experience during sightseeing tour.

We decided to book this B&B based on excellent TA feedback and rating.
We easily found the place. Camilla met us and showed the B&B. It was nice and clean as stated in numerous previous reviews. They have two bathrooms one for men and one for women. The one for women is nice and spacious with a bathtub. The men's one has only one tiny shower. I'm 1.70 m high, slim figure and I barely fit in that shower. I can't imagine how someone a bit bigger than me could fit in it. But that's not the biggest issue that we've faced.

The worst thing for us was literally zero noise isolation from other rooms. It might be that we got extremely unlucky with our neighbors(single room) but it is a surprise for us that no one has ever mentioned it before. Our first neighbor was yawning very very noisy, the whole B&B could hear it. He was also snoring very loud and it was hard for us to have a good rest after long day of sightseeing. The guy left one night before us and we thought we were relieved but no. Our next neighbor was old lady who was walking in and out every 5 mins and each time slamming the door very loudly and locking it each time.

Maybe we got the whole B&B idea wrong but that really was disappointing.
Overall it is a nice,quite, close to metro location but it has its negatives. Unfortunately it didn't work for us. I feel bad writing this negative review among those good ones but that is our truth of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
WGTN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed last October after doing a lot of research using tripadvisor.I'm glad we choose to stay here. We were looking for something clean, comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced.

Yes, you will need to use to the metro but it's actually so easy in Rome!

The room was nice, clean & full of cute touches. My husband loved starting the day with coffee and we enjoyed the help-yourself-breakfast snacks.

The owner is very caring - I thought I would need to visit a chemist/doctor whilst in Rome and she was most helpful and kept offering assistance.

We found the area to feel quite safe and went for walks around it late on multiple nights. Overall we felt that the cleanliness, nice extras and value-for-money made this one of our top picks for our three month europe trip.

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Lots of other reviews about Camilla's which were generally accurate, very nice and friendly owners, one day they had freshly made cake for breakfast which was quite good, other days the Nespresso coffee is okay and there are fruits. One thing to note, the B&B is further from things than I thought it was going to be and the immediate area isn't all that interesting plan on walking a ways through less than interesting neighborhoods or taking the metro when going out to see Rome.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

There are 3 bedrooms here and we had 2 of them. I was a little concerned about a shared bathroom, but it worked fine. There are 2 bathrooms and the owner asks that one is for boys, the other for the girls.
Pictures on website accurate - lovely big rooms and big bathroom for the girls with all products and hairdryers etc.
Location: we got a 'Mr B's' transfer as it was marginally more with 3 of us than public transport from the airport. General area - this is in a residential block as you'll see on Google street. Fine with us - obviously busy roads - it is Rome! But the rooms were quiet. We used buses and underground. A block or so from the underground if I recall, which made it great to get to the centre - watch for last time for buses/trams. We nearly got caught out.
Breakfast: breakfast room with everything you'd want - shared area whereby you help yourself to whatever you want. Proper coffee too!
I liked this place and would go back. Lovely and clean too with nice decor.

Room Tip: 3 rooms - all high standard and nice decor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spent five wonderful days in the B & B La Roma di Camilla
I'm very glad I found this place! I would like to thank the two charming hostess! Cleaning was done every day, beautiful and unusual design of each room (each in different colors!)
And how wonderful is breakfast! Fresh coffee, cakes, bread for toasts, cheese, milk, juices, mineral water, fresh fruits, cereal and more! - And all the products are replenished on a regular basis!
Owners - lovely and attentive Ladies, ready to help guests with any questions!
The Place is just 5 minutes from Metro, close to Vatican Museums.
The area is very quite and secure any time!
I recommend this B&B to all my friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
laromadicamilla, Proprietario at B&B La Roma di Camilla, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
It was our pleasure as well having you for a few days in our b&b, we are happy you feel like home and enjoy your stay, grazie, Camilla & Cinzia
Timisoara, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I have been to Rome on our one year anniversary (October 11 to 16) and we were more than happy to find out that the B&B we've chosen as accommodation was more like a modern, comfy and cozy home feel flat! When we got off at Cipro Metro Station we took the wrong turn (of course, due to my wonderful orientation), but the B&B is quite close to the station! The directions on the website are more than explicit! You couldn't miss it! The B&B is in a modern block of flats with a view towards the Vatican (at least our room view, which had a wonderful balcony, perfect if you are a smoker :D), on the 4th floor! We got the exact room we've asked for: our private bathroom (which is possible on request)! Camilla was expecting us at the B&B, even if we were late! You can pay right up front, in cash, which was convenient to us! Breakfast was always available, even after lunch time (the Firenze expresso was yummy :D), the mattresses were a hit for my husband who wanted to take them back home if he could :))! The neighbourhood is extremely peaceful, with lots of Tavola Calda close to it, so you don't have to pay a lot for your lunch or dinner! Vatican is 10 minutes away by foot, which is convenient, considering the lines you have to wait in to get inside the Museum!

All-in-all, lovely stay in a more than lovely B&B (or as we like to call, "our flat in Rome" :D)!

P.S.: I appologize to Camilla and Cinzia for taking me so long to write the review! I think they will understand our Rome melancholy and the desire to keep as much as we can the taste of our most romantic vacation!

Ariel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

first we want to thank camilla for a great time, and a real italian hospitalty.
it was our first time in rome, and hope to return.
the price is very good for the room and locatin/
the room is very clean, our bathroom was privet (make sure to ask for a privet one). the bed is made evry morning. you have a nice kitchen with a litle brekfast.
but the best about the b&b is the location, five minute walk from the metro and a ten minute walk to the vatican.
hope to come again
sara & yishai

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B La Roma di Camilla? Share your experiences!