“Great food at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grotta Azzurra

Grotta Azzurra
Via Cicerone, 62a, 00193 Rome, Italy (Prati)
+39 06 323 4586
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Grotta Azzurra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,817 of 8,753 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Prati
east london
“Great food at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in rome for five nights and visited this place on our final evening. Had starter, main meal and a litre of wine for 2 people and it came in at 30 euro. Food was very tasty. I had spaghetti carbonara and my partner had the veal, both were very good. Wished we had found this place earlier!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Food poisoning from fish- Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am Italian- visiting Rome with a foreign partner as a tourist. Saw the restaurant on our way to the hotel , looked at tripadvisor reviews (big mistake- clearly written by the owners, friends or by tourists who have no idea of what a good fish restaurant is!) and though "how bad can it be?". I wish we had never entered. The smell was alarmingly unpleasant, but I blamed the open kitchen. Pushy waiters trying to have us order most expensive items- I enquired about availability of fresh fish (it was just after Xmas) and was reassured it was fresh. Well to cut it short the dishes (both pasta and the main course of oven baked fish) were horrible, looking greasy and smelling definitely not fresh. We just nibbled at the stuff and were BOTH sick all night. We made a hasty exit and noticed they have ready-made sauces on the kitchen counter! Both of us getting food poisoning was final proof. Wanted to go back the day after to complain but we were on a rush...Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rome, italy
“The one and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

When in rome one of my experiences in a roman restaurant Was at the grotta azzurra delicious food and very helpfull staff. I strongly reccomend it and Will surely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha
“My Favorite spot in Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our B&B in Rome was in the same block as this wonderful restaurant. Others have commented on the interior, but I ate outside, twice for lunch and twice for dinner during my 5 days in Rome. I loved everything about this place. The food, the atmosphere and our wonderful server, Farid Kahn. I had great red wines, caprese salad and margarita pizza, pasta carbonera, an anchovie appetizer that I cannot think of the name, but all was delicious. A couple from North Carolina joined us one afternoon and they also enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. It was just a special neighborhood spot. Wish I was back there now!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“got it all!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

what an amazing little find. great value, great food, great atmosphere... can't wait to come back. dessert to die for and finished off with limoncello. friendly