“casual local haunt in suburban Rome” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4,381 of 8,553 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rome, Italy
“casual local haunt in suburban Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The first time I went there was on a freezing December night when we had a power cut at home so despite the snow paralyzing Rome traffic needed to go out and find sustenance - the pizza place wouldn't deliver given the road conditions.

That evening was so terrible it was funny. They had live music on - a guy and girl ensemble who sounded so awful I thought they were kidding to warm the audience at first but no, after a few songs I realised they were serious.

The food was less than average, my mussel stew was bland and tasteless and my son's vegetarian pasta came with bacon and egg so he had to send it back.

Service however was friendly and cheerful, and we could see there were many families there and regulars who kissed the staff when arriving so we tried again.

We've been there many times since, have always enjoyed impeccable service with cheerful banter and useful advice thrown in. After a few visits you're quickly recognised and your preferences remembered, which is amazing given the size and the turnover.

They offer barbecued meats and pizza in the evenings - personally I've never tried it but my son has had the take-away pizza and swears by it (wood-fired oven of course).

My personal favourite is the salt-baked sea bass, a tasty and low cal choice but if you want to splash out the linguine with lobster is copious and delicious.

Great atmosphere, modest prices and consistently good food over many visists apart from the first one.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“We will back over and over again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is my second time in this restaurant. The first time was August of 2010 with family friends and the second time was June 30, 2011 with my husband together with the couple who was our host, the husband celebrating his birthday. We love the freshness of their seafood. Everything tasted good. My husband is very picky with food but this was the first time he swooned at the food that was served. The antipasto, wine and the plates served including the service was excellent. I cannot say anything negative. When in Rome this restaurant will be at the top of my list to visit.

• Visited June 2011