“Wonderful Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 1,264 hotels in Rome
Vernon, Canada
“Wonderful Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My sister & I stayed in this charming hotel in 2012. My son & girlfriend spending few nights there this coming September. It is a wonderful small hotel in a quiet but convenient location just steps from the Colosseum & the lovely San Clemente Church. The rooms all have private showers, everything spotless. We had a small balcony which I would highly recommend, or a room with a terrace. The hotel serves the best continental breakfast I've ever encountered & you can also have dinner there if you wish I can't say enough about this wonderful find.Also has elevator, small lounge, & outside seating. The owner, Mrs Khan (& her family ) are wonderful people & do an amazing job to make your stay unforgettable. Hoping to return this year or next.

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony or terrace I think are the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

1,105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed our stay here!! It was wonderful!! From a great breakfast in the morning with options for both kids and adults, to the service at the bar allowing us to enjoy our drinks on the terrace at night. We were given the"Camera Room". It was on the 6th floor, right on the corner with unobstructed views of the Colloseum, perfect for pictures!! The room had a bed and a fold out couch. My husband and I and my in laws all fit comfortably. The bathroom was nice and big too!! I think my favorite part was that they let us leave our bags in the hotel the day of check out because our flight didn't leave till later that afternoon. We were able to go out a little more and more have to worry about our luggage!!! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay!!!

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot for 3 nights in April and it was fantastic. The room was a very good size for Europe and was clean and comfortable. It had lovely doors that opened up and created lots of light and fresh air. The bed was very comfortable and while the bathroom was very small, it was all I needed. I ate dinner at the hotel one night and it was excellent and proved to be great value for money. The breakfast that the hotel provides is lovely and there is plenty of variety.

The location of the hotel is great and is a 2 minute walk to the Colusseum and a 5 minute walk to the Metro. I walked to the Vatican and it took about 45 minutes, with the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain both about a 30 minute walk. The area is a bit noisy but to be expected for the location and there are lots of restaurants and gelato places very close by.

Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 teens) recently spent a wonderful week in Rome and stayed at the Hotel Lancelot. The hotel is beautiful, conveniently located (2 minutes from the Coliseum, and 5 minutes from a Metro stop) and our room was perfect for the four of us. The staff speaks English (which was important to us, as we speak no Italian) and were exceedingly helpful and pleasant. (My birthday occurred while we were there and the staff noticed the date from my passport and provided champagne!)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is very comfortable with a great location. The coffee and food are great! The people in management and staff are the best asset because of their personal nature of service and because of their friendliness. We have stayed there numerous times and it is always consistently good in every area.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Hotel was located conventiently to many of the attractions that most tourists would want to see in Rome. It was beautifully appointed with fresh flowers every morning and marble everywhere. Our group needed a conference room and there was a very nice one available as well as a piano for our group singing. The breakfasts and dinners were outstanding. You will not want to eat anywhere else once you taste the food there. All of these things you may find at other hotels. You will not, however, find the caring and compassionate staff that we found at Lancelot. My husband was sick one night and they could not do enough for us. Another time I was asking for directions to a store that sold double A batteries. The kind lady at the desk gave me two AA batteries. We plan to return to visit Rome and we can assure you that we will stay at Hotel Lancelot.

Room Tip: Ask for a queen sized bed. Ours was a double and we are both Queen sized!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the oppertunity to stay at Hotel Lancelot while on trip with New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. I can not truely express in words how wonderful my stay was at the hotel. The staff at Hotel Lancelot are professional, but even more so they are friendly. I felt like they treated everyone like being a part of their family. Each night I actually needed a small bag of ice for swelling in my knee and they were so helpful in getting my that. The meal times were one of my favorite times at the hotel. I can honestly say that the meals they have are the most incredible meals I have ever had at any hotel. While eating each night It felt like we were having dinner in a five star resturant. The food was incredible and the servers were very friendly.
One thing I found to be great is how all the people that were staying at the hotel talked throughout the week, it was kind of like a huge family getting together for a reunion.
The rooms were very cozy felt like home. I loved being able to walk out on the balcony and look omut over the street. The location of the hotel is great because its only a few blocks from the coliseum, but it's in a nice and quiet area.
I had such a great time at Hotel Lancelot that I can not wait until I am able to take my husband with me to Rome and stay at the hotel again.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel Lancelot? Share your experiences!