“Just Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loggetta di Trastevere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Loggetta di Trastevere
You added Loggetta di Trastevere to your Saves list
Via Goffredo Mameli,17, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)   |
Ranked #41 of 2,885 Rome B&B and Inns
Perth
“Just Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If your considering this apartment in Trastevere just do it. We spent a month in Italy and this was my favourite accom; service, location and facilities all spot on. I would recommend booking both rooms in the apartment its still a really reasonable price to do so then you get the whole place to yourself.

Room Tip: Book both rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I spent six nights at the la Loggetta di Trastevere in October 2012 and can affirm all the favorable comments made previously about this B & B. The place is spotless, cheerfully decorated, well equipped and exceedingly comfortable. There is an excellent restaurant next door. The location is great, and the host is amazing.

Francesco could not do enough for us. He was warm and welcoming and treated us like family. His help in finding our way around was invaluable and enabled us to visit all the sites on our list with ease. Each morning he walked us to the bus that would bring us to our desired destination. He also provided us with a mobile phone and encouraged us to call him for any reason.

We would love to stay with Francesco again. He runs a great B&B in a good location convenient to all Rome has to offer. I should also mention that we found his associate Giulia a real delight.

Phyllis C.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband, 2 1/2 year old & Mother-in-Law stayed here for a week and had a fabulous stay! We booked both rooms so had the whole place to ourselves! It was truly wonderful! We felt so comfortable as we were able to spread out and unpack a bit since we were there for so long. The rooms are attractive, spotless and Francesco was wonderful! He took good care of us and was incredibly helpful whenever we needed something or had questions. Truly, this place was CLEAN! I couldn't believe how well he took care of the place! This is my third time staying in Trastevere but the only place I would go back to. I really love this part of town and find it to be convenient to everything you might want to see. If you know your way around a bit, you'll get to the historical center in about 10 minutes. In about 4-5 minutes you'll be in the Mercato di San Cosimato which is a open market that has vegetables, fruit, fish, meat, cured meats some kitchen goods. It was so nice to get some groceries and have a nice big fridge to put things in. The kitchen area is adorable and available to use which was very nice. I know I'll think of other things to say but really can't think of any negatives. There are a few stairs you need to go up before you get to the elevator but not many and Franceso helped us with our massive amounts of luggage anyway which was a big help. This apartment truly felt like a home away from home and I hope it's available every time I go to Rome because I loved it!! Grazie mille Francesco e alla prossima!!

Nahariya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed with Francesco three nights and it was just perfect! The level of cleanliness, hospitality, assistance in everything from achieving Baby Crib and loading suitcases into a taxi at 2:30 in the morning. We rented the whole apartment (two rooms) and the place was sparkling clean, tastefully decorated, modern and full of everything from bath soaps, cereal, cookies to a fridge full of drinks in many flavors. Francesco was our private breakfast chef and made ​​sure that the apartment will be left clean and tidy every day. I think it is very important that whoever gets your face in a foreign city will be kind- and Francesco do it in the best possible way and always with a smile. The neighborhood itself is full with charm and close to the main attractions of Rome. Bottom line - highly recommended! Me, my wife and three daughters very much enjoyed it . If we go back to Rome, we'll deffenetly go back to Francesco

Room Tip: take the whole appartment if possible
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great B&B in a really nice area. Francesco does an amazing job here and makes sure you feel very welcome and at home. He has a great balance going offering the benefits of staying at a B&B without making you feel uncomfortable by staying in someones home. He comes in the morning at a pre-arranged time to make breakfast and then he cleans the rooms spotlessly. Something Francesco offers that we had no where else on our travels in Italy or anywhere for that matter was a fridge full of drinks including beer and wine that you can help yourself to at anytime of the day. This is a wonderful touch that he offers his guests and we really appreciated it after a busy day out.
My husband and I stayed with our adult daughter so we booked both rooms which gave us the whole apartment to ourselves which was fantastic. Fransesco has decorated the rooms tastefully and the bathroom is also really nice. We arrived early from Orvieto and Fransesco had the apartment ready for us which was wonderful.
The location is easy to get around from. We used the tram at the end of the street to get around. You need to pre buy your tickets at a tabachi. You pass one on the way to the tram on the other side of the street from the B&B. Trastevere is a lovely area and great to spend some time walking around but is getting quite touristy now in certain parts. We didn't see any other tourists on the street that the B&B is located on and the restaurant across the road is well worth a visit and very local. Francesco goes the extra mile to make sure his guests have a wonderful stay and I highly recommend staying here.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is seriously too good to be true! It was so clean that we were afraid to "dirty" the house while we used the room, bathroom and kitchen. Everything was immaculately clean and neat, with useful information like travel maps and guide books readily available. Like everyone else before us, we have to rave about that stocked up fridge. It's one thing to read about it, and another to finally see it for yourself! Haha.

Francesco was also the perfect host. Prior to our arrival, we requested him to help make a couple of resto reservations. One of the restaurants had shut and he went as far as dropping by the place when he couldn't get them via phone. For breakfast, he would also come on time in the mornings and we would have a great time chatting with him. After a long day of sightseeing, it was great to return to a quiet, tidy place.

Trastevere was a wonderful area to be in with loads of great restaurants and bars in the area. I set out wanting to stay only in Trastevere and I was not wrong. Choosing Loggetta di Trastevere helped reinforce that. The area was just so pretty and alive at night. Oh, and one tip. Go to Bar Calisto where they have beer at 1.50 euros a bottle! It's the most crowded bar in Trastevere with loads of people out front. Can't beat the value!

Lastly, thank you Francesco for your wonderful hospitality. You are da best!

Amber & Calvin

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Buongiorno, From the emails with Francesco, till our first meeting, my sister-in-law (cognata)and I knew we had made a great choice for our stay in Rome in June. There was no problem with our early arrival, and he had maps and travel information ready for a concert we were going to, on our first night in Rome! He was always helping with queries and directions. We had the B and B to ourselves as we took each generous sized, comfortable, clean, fresh room to ourselves, and a great sized bathroom too. The kitchen fully set out, with plentiful supplies of complimentary drinks( I have never seen huge variety of juices ever), and breakfast every morning, including fresh pastries. The position of the apartment was excellent, in a wonderful dining precinct of Rome. Safe to walk at night for dinner and shopping till midnight. Joy!!
Tram to centre of Rome and shopping only 5 min walk away. Great hairdresser and cafe downstairs from apartment, S/H clothing shop next door, fresh daily markets 2 streets away and delis and grocer. Post office for sending parcels home very convenient too.Local bus runs down our street, which you must take at least once to get the full vibe of the area. Of course watching the parking manoeuvres outside my balcony was fun too, as this was my first European trip, and double parking a no no in Australia. We didnt venture out of Trastevere for 2 days, too much to check out here. Thankyou so much Francesco and Guilia for making our stay so wonderful. I intend to come back and stay here with my hubby and daughters. Grazie.
Salute e Ciao, Susanna. Yes, still earning Italia!

Room Tip: If you book both rooms, which are great value, its like having an apartment to yourselves.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Loggetta di Trastevere? Share your experiences!