Me and my wife stayed at Locanda del Sole from 12/11/12 - 18/11/12 on our honeymoon.
After spending an inordinate amount of time looking at various luxury hotels without any luck, we finally decided on the Locanda del Sole. At first we were dubious at the 'B&B' tag, but as soon as the blacked out windowed Merc (pre-booked by Marco) greeted us at the airport all doubts were soon put to bed. (50 Euros each way but well worth it)
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Marco (the cuppuccino king) who explained in great detail where the Locanda was located in conjunction with the local sights etc. The most impressive, friendly and personal check-in I've ever witnessed.
We stayed in the 'Berger' room and were amazed as soon as we opened the door. There was a complimentary bottle of top-notch wine, 12 red roses for my wife and rose petals scattered around the bathroom! A perfect start to our honeymoon.
As we enjoyed a couple of bottles of wine most nights and in turn missed the 08:00-10:00 breakfast, we were still offered a bite to eat and a superb cappucinno which was served with genuine enthusiasm and passion. The complimentary breakfast included pan-au-choc, croissants, cereal, fruit, parma ham, mortadella ham and various cheeses. We fell in love with a spreadable breakfast cheese called 'stratticchio' which was delicious. (A must try for cheese lovers!!)
The 3 brothers that own the Locanda are a font of local knowledge and can recommend any type of trip, experience or night out to you require. We were recommended to try 'Alfredo's Ristorante' (over the road) and also the bars in Travestre district, we were not disappointed.
Location: You can turn left or right when you leave the accomodation and within 5 minutes you can be in a cool suburb, backstreet cafe, designer boutique or major historical monument.
Overall this was by far the best place we've ever stayed; smart, cool, informal, pretty & romantic. It was a pleasure to stay there but also a gutter to leave!
Thanks again to the Locanda del Sole for making our honeymoon perfect!!
Hopefully we'll see you in 2013.
Mr & Mrs Chappell
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Del Sole Luxury Hotel Rome
- Locanda Del Sole Luxury Bed And Breakfast
- Locanda Del Sole Luxury Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Locanda del Sole" is an inviting luxury B&B in Rome's historic centre boasting an idyllic setting in the famous Rione Campo Marzio district. Guests on a romantic break in Rome will receive a warm welcome, where lived Jose Carlos Mariategui, a famous Peruvian thinker and essayist, in a characteristic 19th century building on Via della Scrofa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Locanda del Sole Luxury Suite Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.