“nice good value :oasis in Vatican area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Vaticano Giggi

Trattoria Vaticano Giggi
Via Catone 10 | Angolo Piazza Risorgimento, Rome, Italy (Prati)
+39 06 3973 0551
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
England
“nice good value :oasis in Vatican area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had found eating out in Rome - and Lucca- expensive and I found this one of the better places I ate at -good value for the position , especially the house wine, and a lovely aubergine and cheese dish with nice fresh bread and good service- would recommend.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
NEW JERSEY
“worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

My wife and I stopped in here after visiting the vatican based on some reviews in trip advisor. arrived at 1:00 the place was empty. warning #1. Ordered large house wine cold antipaste, frittata,vegitarian lazagna. antipaste 4 slices of salami 4 olives. We did not finish the antipaste when the next 2 dishes were litterally dropped on the table next to us. My wife and I had two bites, the food was inedible. We paid the bill and left. The place was still empty. P.S the bread and house wine were good. There are to many good resturants in rome to waste your time in this place

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Worst meal in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Greasy starters to meatballs that were grey and frozen in the middle.Other tables walking out. The one positive thing it was definitely memorable ( for the wrong reasons!!)

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“lumpy cardboard-nara”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

the service was good for our visit the food however was the worst Italian dinner I've ever had... we were served stale hard bread (olive oil was ok though), got one of the dishes we ordered wrong - stuffed tomatoes with rice & potatoes which was wayyy overcooked, spaghetti carbonara was lumpy & tasteless, the beans with pork rind wad quite good though but with the other bad food luckily they forgotten the roast chicken we ordered as we were desperate to leave the place..

the previous reviews were good but mebbe it was the cooks bad day or maybe local Italians get served better food as I can't imagine how this place survived serving food this bad

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Evanston, Illinois
“Unfriendly waiter, mediocre fare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I went into this place with my family and was treated to decidely un-Roman hospitality and fare. The waiter - I think he owned the place: he acted like he did and no one would put up with his boorish behavior otherwise - ordered us out after we'd eaten. That's just not done in Rome - or really anywhere in the Mediterranean. Very rude and all because we weren't ordering more food. The problem with that was that the food was mediocre. I would never go again and, if you find yourself outside the place, keep walking. There are many better and friendlier places in Prati.

• Visited June 2011