“Hassler saved my kid's vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Hassler
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Trinita dei Monti 6, 00187 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #84 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
athens
“Hassler saved my kid's vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had promised my 9 year old son a vacation in Rome. After a disastrous stay at hotel Barocco, a cheaper but tripadvisor favorite choice, i moved us to the Hassler Hotel.

At the Hassler we ate the best pizza Margharita i have found in Rome ( i have been there several times) as well as the best caprese salad. Simple dishes, but signature italian ones, so that made our day there.

Also, the views were great, the breakfast limited (is this the new "high class" trend?) but tasty, the room luxurious and the staff helpful.

Thank you Hassler for saving my son's trip. Will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, May 8, 2014

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome and I am very happy to know that we participated in making your son’s vacation a truly memorable one.

I am also pleased to know you enjoyed your dining experience here and I will be delighted to pass on your comments to our staff. I will also inform the relevant department in regards to the breakfast service.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you and your family to stay with us. Next time call me so I will be there personally to meet your son!!

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Hassler Hotel is one I have wanted to stay at for a long time. From well before I ran into the paparazzi crowd waiting for a photo of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes enjoying their honeymoon there. Perhaps because of the expectation the reality was disappointing. Unfortunately that is common in Rome where the hotels promise much (and charge for it) and deliver little. The opposite of the city itself.
I had a Grand Suite Hassler, quite a room. Expectations naturally match the price. It is beautiful but the location and décor don't hide that it is tired and probably a decade late on a major refurbishment.
Service was also not up to scratch for a really top hotel. The room wasn't ready for a late check-in, room service on the terrace was cold and ordinary as was breakfast. Honestly this is all nit picking but at over E3000 per night excellence is the base line expectation. I am still looking for that genuinely excellent hotel in Rome.

Room Tip: From what I could see the normal rooms seemed quite large so probably not worth opting for a higher...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to learn that you found your stay at the Hassler disappointing. We aim for excellence by making our guests feel at home and ensuring that their stay is as memorable and comfortable as possible.

I hope you will allow us to improve upon and exceed your expectations on your next trip to Rome, we would be happy to fulfil any wishes or requirements you may have to make your stay a memorable one.

Greetings from Rome!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We picked Hotel Hassler as the top selection made by the Luxury Hotels of the World and we have certainly not been disappointed. This must be best located, best appointed and best service we have received in a string of successful trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the Hassler while in Rome, and for having taken the time to comment on your experience.

I am very pleased to know that the hotel’s location and service were to your satisfaction. Our constant aim is to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible. I am therefore glad that you enjoyed being here.

I look forward to greeting you again hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Montreux, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would say this is one of the best hotels in Rome if you are looking for great views and superb dining experience. I came here for my birthday in February 2014 and on check in i was upgraded to the fourth floor in a corner room with the best views of Rome. From my room I could see the Spanish steps and the Vatican city and also the sunset in the evening.

The room was a perfect size for me and I would say it would be perfect size for a couple. The room was modern but classic, perfectly clean with good amenities. The location is perfect and walking distance for shopping, great restaurants and tourist locations.

The first night I dined in Imago, the hotels one Michelin restaurant and when i returned to my room there was Champagne and cake as a surprise birthday gift. This was a very nice gesture and the cake tasted amazing.

Concierge was extremely helpful and even managed to get a table for me in Romes top restaurant La Pergola.

I would highly recommend this hotel and hopefully I can return soon, I had a perfect weekend and there is nothing I would fault during my amazing stay. Perfect birthday break

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a view of the Spanish steps and the Vatican if you are on a special occa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Klaipeda, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great great Hotel. There is not so much to add. It's one of the best Hotels in Rome but the added value is the 1* Michelin Restaurant -Imago- on the roof. I don't know if the food or the view is the best!! Superb is the correct word to describe the art of Chef Francesco Apreda!
Tip: if you are a party of two or more order just one dessert because you will be covered by Sweet Compliments from the Chef..;)

Room Tip: I would choose the inside rooms for a great sleep. View rooms are great but the Romans...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at the Imàgo restaurant and for your lovely comments.

I am pleased to know how highly you regard the Hassler Hotel and how much you enjoyed the creations of our Chef.

I hope the future will reserve many more opportunities for you to return as we look forward to welcoming you again.

Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at the Hassler for 8 nights with my wife and 2 kids over spring break in 2 interconnecting rooms. From the moment we arrived to the time that we departed everything was just great. Rooms were ready when we arrived and we had a view of the Vatican and Spainish steps from both rooms. Rooms are very nice and updated with marble and granite. Shower was also one of the best i have experianced in all my travels. Breakfast was included in our rate and it was over the top. Concierge arranged all of our excursions including private guided tour of ancient Rome, Vatican City and of Pompeii. A very famous celeb and a head of state was staying at the Hotel while we were there. Cant beat the location everything is within walkiing distance.

Room Tip: rooms facing the street can get noisy early in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, March 31, 2014

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler with your family during your vacation in Rome, and for having taken the time to write your kind words of appreciation.

I was delighted to learn that your experience was perfect from start to finish and that you enjoyed staying in one of our updated rooms, as well our breakfast service. Indeed we take great pride in the constant effort that goes into creating a memorable experience for all of our guests, and your acknowledgment really means a lot to me. I will be happy to share your comments with all of our staff.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Melville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The Hassler Hotel was perfect. The rooms had been updated and were extremely comfortable. The included breakfast was very good. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The hotel was in a good location. All in all, we highly recommend the Hassler.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler during your Roman sojourn.

I appreciated you sharing your comments and am very glad you found the rooms comfortable, as well as your words of praise in regards to the staff and the breakfast. Also, we are indeed very proud of the Hassler’s location at the top of the Spanish Steps, and are delighted that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future, and hope to exceed your expectations again.

President and Managing Director

Been to Hotel Hassler? Share your experiences!