“Hassle free Hassler” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
Perth, Australia
“Hassle free Hassler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The service is second to none.. The concierge are extremely helpful in every way, to booking great restaurants, organizing guided tours, etc. The rooms are clean, well appointed and the service staff are excellent. The location is great, you walk out of the Hotel down the Spanish steps and you are in the centre of Rome for all your shopping and eating needs. Old charm with oustanding service. Look forward to staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
“Hassle free Hassler”

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

I am happy that you found everything to your satisfaction. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my guests to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your lovely words of appraisal were also passed on to the staff.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to return.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
western cape
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Hassler Hotel, near the Spanish steps is a well known 5 star world class hotel in a location that is difficult to beat. We found it a little difficult to find as we could not drive up the Spanish steps, but following the cobbled streets was worth the effort. The public rooms are very elegant and the staff charming. The bar man remembers you name and the roof terrace dining is second to none in Rome with amazing, amazing views and great food. The rooms can vary in size but all are superbly furnished and spotless. All the main sights are within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the food, the rooms, our service and the location, gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kind regards,

Frisco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just seconds away from the Spanish Steps, the Hassler is one of the best hotels in Rome. It is tranquil at all times and, even though the hotel is adjacent to the Spanish Steps, almost no noise gets through the walls. At night, the Hassler's redesigned outdoor lounge allows for a nice drink before dinner, while listening to a great piano player. The Hassler is also minutes away from a nice park that not many tourists go to (about a 10 minute walk). The service was great and the Hassler has not disappointed us in any of our four stays there.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you again for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

It is indeed our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render their stay as memorable and comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how glad I am each time a client takes a moment to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay with us.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hassler for a week between christmas and new year's 2012. For a 5-star hotel in the heart of the city, we cannot recommend this hotel enough.
The hotel is in a perfect location at the top of the Spanish Steps. The views are fantastic and many historical sites, lots of shopping and other places of interest are only a short walk away.
We found the staff at the hotel to be excellent. They are very attentive, well-trained and exceedingly capable. They seek to ensure every guest is happy and they succeed.
We stayed in a street-facing grand deluxe room which was very comfortable and gave us a nice view of the city. The rooms housing the classic or more elaborate suites likely had the better views, but we were happy nonetheless. Rooms have great robes and slippers which are welcome after exploring the streets and sites for hours at a time.
The staff working the breakfast buffet in the Salon Medici were outstanding. By our second day, they knew our preferences, etc. My wife and I didn't have to ask for our coffee drinks to have soy instead of cows milk after our first breakfast. Nice!
Overall, we had a great stay and would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service in a perfect location, particularly anyone who is visiting Rome for the first time.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have great views, but will be noisier than garden rooms. Rooms are furnished dif...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction.

I am happy that you had a great time with us. My aim, in the hotel business, is to allow my guests to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and with your lovely comments, I pride myself in being able to say that sometimes I manage to accomplish the goals that I fixed for myself. Your kind words of appreciation were also passed on to the staff.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is one of the best I've every stayed ! While visiting Rome we decided to stay at Hotel Hassler and we did not regret it ! Yes, it is expensive. But if you want the very best, this is the Hotel to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome and also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, I really appreciated you sharing your satisfaction with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights from Dec. 12th to the 15th. Driving to the Hotel is an adventure as is any driving in Rome. However, once at the hotel, the staff and in particular Alexandra was extremely helpful about the hotel and the area.

Up front, most things are extra. Parking was 45€/day and internet was 15€/day. That is just the way that it is. While I would have loved to have had it rolled into the room price (especially the internet), leaving it out allows one to opt in or out. I liked having the choice. Oh, I had no trouble with the internet.

Our room 222 was in the back and was beautiful and quiet. The bathroom was spacious. My only small complaint is that the king size bed was actually 2 twins together. While they did a great job to minimize the seam, I was still able to find it. The cotton sheets were of a high thread count and with the down comforter was luxurious. The complimentary water was nice. We ordered up ice each night.

We did have the breakfast which cost ~40€. It was wonderful to have each day. A great selection of sweets and juices. I especially enjoyed the fresh carrot and orange juices. There was a selection of prosciuttos and smoked fish (salmon, tuna, & swordfish). The eggs were a little runny for my taste and the bacon was a bit greasy. I did enjoy the sausage, pancakes, and french toast. Service was impeccable. We sat down and almost instantly got perfect cappuccinos. This was a fantastic way to start off the day. It allowed us to forge past lunch and beat the crowds.

The location at the top of the Spanish Steps allowed us to walk to great restaurants and the sites from the Colosseum and Palatine Hill to Vatican City. Best of all, we were right above the main shopping area.

Lastly, the doorman helped me pay for my car the night before and allowed us to leave with plenty of time to get to the airport in the morning. Their directions were flawless. Service was all around fantastic.

We didn't get to try the spa, but they have a sauna and steam room connected to a pretty good workout facility.

This hotel does cost, but you get every pennies worth.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Eternal City!

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciated you sharing you impressions with a description of all the aspects you noted. In our constant aim to improve, your comments concerning the service, have been passed on to the relevant departments for consideration.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hassler Dec 6-9th and it is by far one of the most amazing hotels in Italy, if not the world. We were upgraded from a deluxe to grand deluxe with the most amazing views of the Spanish Steps and city of Rome. Alessandra and Carolina in reception went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best. Danieli, the concierge was very helpful and friendly.

Thank you Hassler staff for your hospitality and the next time I am in Rome, I will without question, book a stay with you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your lovely comments, which were much appreciated.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We look forward to a new opportunity to welcome you again to the Hassler and in the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

President and Managing Director

Been to Hotel Hassler? Share your experiences!