“Amazing Hotel !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 1,265 hotels in Rome
Beirut, Lebanon
“Amazing Hotel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is one of the best I've every stayed ! While visiting Rome we decided to stay at Hotel Hassler and we did not regret it ! Yes, it is expensive. But if you want the very best, this is the Hotel to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome and also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, I really appreciated you sharing your satisfaction with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights from Dec. 12th to the 15th. Driving to the Hotel is an adventure as is any driving in Rome. However, once at the hotel, the staff and in particular Alexandra was extremely helpful about the hotel and the area.

Up front, most things are extra. Parking was 45€/day and internet was 15€/day. That is just the way that it is. While I would have loved to have had it rolled into the room price (especially the internet), leaving it out allows one to opt in or out. I liked having the choice. Oh, I had no trouble with the internet.

Our room 222 was in the back and was beautiful and quiet. The bathroom was spacious. My only small complaint is that the king size bed was actually 2 twins together. While they did a great job to minimize the seam, I was still able to find it. The cotton sheets were of a high thread count and with the down comforter was luxurious. The complimentary water was nice. We ordered up ice each night.

We did have the breakfast which cost ~40€. It was wonderful to have each day. A great selection of sweets and juices. I especially enjoyed the fresh carrot and orange juices. There was a selection of prosciuttos and smoked fish (salmon, tuna, & swordfish). The eggs were a little runny for my taste and the bacon was a bit greasy. I did enjoy the sausage, pancakes, and french toast. Service was impeccable. We sat down and almost instantly got perfect cappuccinos. This was a fantastic way to start off the day. It allowed us to forge past lunch and beat the crowds.

The location at the top of the Spanish Steps allowed us to walk to great restaurants and the sites from the Colosseum and Palatine Hill to Vatican City. Best of all, we were right above the main shopping area.

Lastly, the doorman helped me pay for my car the night before and allowed us to leave with plenty of time to get to the airport in the morning. Their directions were flawless. Service was all around fantastic.

We didn't get to try the spa, but they have a sauna and steam room connected to a pretty good workout facility.

This hotel does cost, but you get every pennies worth.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all I would like to thank you again for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciated you sharing you impressions with a description of all the aspects you noted. In our constant aim to improve, your comments concerning the service, have been passed on to the relevant departments for consideration.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hassler Dec 6-9th and it is by far one of the most amazing hotels in Italy, if not the world. We were upgraded from a deluxe to grand deluxe with the most amazing views of the Spanish Steps and city of Rome. Alessandra and Carolina in reception went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best. Danieli, the concierge was very helpful and friendly.

Thank you Hassler staff for your hospitality and the next time I am in Rome, I will without question, book a stay with you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your lovely comments, which were much appreciated.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We look forward to a new opportunity to welcome you again to the Hassler and in the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hassler Hotel for two nights with a group of work colleagues and friends - just for an entertaining couple of days in Rome.

Service - the service is unbelievably good. Exactly what you would hope and expect from a five star hotel. Polite, professional, incredibly helpful, very knowledgeable about Rome. The service really made this stand out from most hotels I've stayed in over recent years.

Rooms - I believe the hotel is partially refurbished. I was in a refurbished room and it was absolutely beautiful. Small, but this is to be expected in this part of the world. Classy and lovely.

Internet - TERRIBLE!! From the moment I entered the hotel I wrestled with the internet. On day 1 an internet technician came to my room and tried to tell me there was something wrong with my computer. Until my colleague arrived and ALSO couldn't get on the internet. Then they quickly had a technician come to the room to change the receiver in my room. But after an hour or so, I was kicked off the internet - so another call to the man. Day 2 - couldn't get on again. I was told that they are changing something related to the internet on our whole floor. They offered no solution to my problem (i.e. couldn't tell me where else I could get on the internet) and wouldn't listen to what was actually happening on my computer. But again, one colleague could get on the internet and one couldn't. I was tired of fighting, so decided my work could wait. Day 3 - couldn't get on the internet AGAIN. Same error message as the day before. So I went to reception to show them and they had a solution!!! So irritating that no one had offered me that solution the day before.
ALSO a bit annoying that the internet is 15 euros per day - which you don't really want to pay to have wi-fi on your iPhone... would be better for the internet to be free.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet night's sleep, DON'T choose a room at the front of the hotel - car horns...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to share with us your satisfaction concerning your recent stay with us.

All comments I receive from my clients are very much appreciated and a necessary tool to understand if I succeed in my aim to render each and every stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible. In this specific instance, I am happy to be able to ascertain that this goal has in some way been accomplished. At the same time, I’ve also taken note of your remarks concerning the internet access, which I would like to reassure you that we are presently reviewing.

On a closing note, I hope the future holds in store another opportunity for you to return to the Hassler.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Understated elegance. View to die for. Best location in Rome.
Eat in the restaurant upstairs. One of the best meals in Rome.
Ask for a room up high, facing the front of the hotel.
We shall return, probably this summer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, I really appreciated you sharing your judgment of satisfaction with us.

I look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to return.

President and Managing
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We where staying in Rome for a few days during November and as always when staying in Rome we call at the hassler for a snack, from the moment we arrived all staff give us their full attention , the service is one of the best anywhere, thank you , i would recomment this hotel to anyone looking for service, attention , good quailty food and presentation, and lastbut not lease knowledge of the area,when i return to Rome i will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for your lovely comments, and moreover, I was delighted to read renewed words of appreciation you kindly expressed.

It is a pleasure to read that guests do return to the Hassler time after time and that we continue to succeed in meeting their expectations.

I hope you get an early occasion return to Rome again, and fit in another snack at Hassler!

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to Rome in October, and decided to stay at the Hassler, where we spent almost two weeks to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we checked in, everything exceeded our expectations. Check-in was not only easy but personal. We were led to our room, which was beautifully and romantically appointed, with a view to the church next door. Exactly what we had hoped for on this trip! A series of welcome gifts from the management awaited us, and this touched our hearts (and brought tears to my eyes). As we explored our large room, its wood carvings and gorgeous furnishings, we also noted that it had every modern amenity quietly tucked away in small corners -- warm, fluffy bathrobes awaited us in the self-lit closet. Every light in the room, from the central chandelier to the lamp lighting the landscape painting, had a dimmer, adding to the romantic atmosphere. And the discreet (thank goodness) flat-screen television set allowed us to watch news from everywhere imaginable -- from Italy to Spain, CNN to BBC, France 24 to Germany.

Other posters have spoken of the bathroom, but I have to say, WOW! It, in itself, was an amazing place. A huge jacuzzi tub, separate shower, separate toilet with bidet (married couples, in particular, will appreciate this separate toilet feature, I think ;0)), and a double sink. Add to that the house brand Amor Vero products provided (this scent will forever remind me of Rome, and, if you have a chance, purchase the fragrance; yes, it is that wonderful), and there were mornings I never wanted to leave the shower, evenings I could have stayed in the bathtub until my skin pruned.

Morning breakfasts were a delight, with a wonderful choice of eggs and every conceivable pastry (as well as many I had never conceived of, but crave to this day), all served by a staff that remembered us each day, our names, beverage preferences, seat preferences, everything.

I don't know if it's the time of year and the people who go to Rome in October, but the Hassler felt a little like something out of an Agatha Christie novel, in the best sense. We saw many of the same guests from breakfast at dinner at Salon Eva in the evenings, leading to chats about where to go, what to see, and a sense of community that large, impersonal hotels simply lack.

This leads me to another thing: the food! We ate at Imago, which has some of the best food in the world (not an exaggeration), served in a place with one of the best views of Rome. I had never enjoyed a meal like this in my life, and highly recommend Imago to anyone and everyone going to Rome, wherever they are staying.

But, if you are a guest of the Hotel Hassler, don't miss Salon Eva for dinner! It is such a delight! This intimate tea room serves up an incredible dinner each evening, and many hotel guests, after a long day of sightseeing, find themselves relaxing in its beautiful surroundings, listening to the American Songbook as played by a wonderful pianist, and eating incredibly prepared Italian fare, often cooked to order, in this beautifully decorated dining room just off the lobby. We were lucky enough to be there during white truffle season, and a simple meal of pasta al burro with white truffles gave me a taste of what heaven must be.

The Hassler makes you feel like you are staying in the gorgeously appointed home of a duke or prince. Everything is always quietly perfect, and the staff seems genuinely happy to work there.

It's not that we will return. It's that it is the only place we will stay when we visit Rome. I have never experienced such perfection in a hotel. Well done does not even begin to express our thanks and appreciation for everything the staff at this exceptional property does right, each and every day. Many, many thanks. Until we meet again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, to celebrate your wedding anniversary and also for taking so much of your time to share with us the lovely impressions you have about the stay.

My aim as a boutique family hotelier, with five generations of tradition, is to allow my clients to experience a unique and enjoyable break and make them feel “home away from home” – and your lovely and flattering comments of appreciation make me happy to know that in this instance, my goal has gone well beyond my best expectations!

It has also been my pleasure to pass on to the staff concerned, your vivid description of gratification, concerning your dining experience at Imàgo.

On a closing note, I hope the future holds in store other opportunities for you to return and repeat and maybe even exceed this experience!

President and Managing Director

Been to Hotel Hassler? Share your experiences!