“Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 1,266 Hotels in Rome
washington dc
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The magic began at check in. Gracious, welcoming staff. Room 608 with a terrace and 360 degree of Rome. Room beautifully decorated with every convenience imaginable. Comfort and class with all the right attitude. We will definitely return. Thank you all. We were treated like royalty.

Room Tip: 608 is top floor. Quiet. View cannot be beat.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 22, 2012

Greetings from the Eternal City!

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely note of appreciation.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the room and the service gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kind regards,

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week. we were sure that this hotel is the BEST in rome. BUT - we were wrong. Although the hotel is nice, the breakfast is good and the rooftop restaurant is impressive - the room and the hotel itself is old, tired and glooming.

We don't recommend this hotel because if you want a really great hotel in rome you should look else where. this hotel is too expensive and too old.

i strongly recommend you to check the jumeirah hotel at via Veneto. this hotel in my opinion is THE BEST in rome for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 16, 2012

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Thank you for having stayed at the Hassler while in Rome, and also for having taken time to share your impressions, which I always find extremely important – whether they be positive, or negative – as in this case.

Obviously, I was sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations, but would like to reassure you, that while maintaining our historic texture, we are presently implementing various novelties which I hope that, despite your immediate reaction, you might decide that during some future occasion you would like to experience in person.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are many hotels in Rome, so you're guaranteed many lodging experiences -- but if you want that white glove continental service, stay here. The plant is gorgeous, and advantageously located near the radial center of the city. The staff is courteous, friendly, and solicitous, and they forgive your poor Italian should you choose to parlo in the native tongue. We had a room overlooking the garden, and felt comfortable from the start. The best part of the Hassler's set up is the bathroom, not surprisingly: Double sinks, marble all the way, separate shower and toilet. You have to have a serious bathroom to contend for the top slot, and this place scores in that regard. Also, the proprietor personally responded to my guest review card -- what do you think of that?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, November 14, 2012

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all I would like to thank you again for having stayed at the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

It was very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciated your detailed description of all the aspects you found to your gratification.

We look forward to greeting you again, hoping that the future stores many other opportunities for you to stay with us.

greensboro ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this grand hotel 9/29 after our cruise. Best hotel I have ever stayed in from the location, service, room, staff, food and drinks. This trip was for my birthday and the Hassler went out of their way to make our stay special. After a day of touring we came back to a chilled bottle of sparkling wine along with a beautiful fruit tray. They even let us take the wine to the roof top bar to see the sun set. They also gave up an upgrade to a large room with a balcony. Can't wait to go back to the Hassler when back in Roma.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for your lovely words of appreciation.

It is our constant aim to make our guests feel at home and to render each stay as comfortable as possible. So as you can imagine, I was delighted to learn that we succeeded in doing so, while you were here celebrating the special occasion of your birthday.

We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you to the Hassler sometime in the future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
1,130 helpful votes 1,130 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Pros: Check-in was well-organized and timely, I was led up to the room and given a tour of the premises by a staff member. Room was clean with all of the basic amenities. House cleaning was perfect. The location is almost impossible to beat: at the top of the Spanish Steps with a Metro station (and an elevator!) minutes away. Dining was excellent; the breakfast buffet was lavish, Salone Eva had a great menu, and Imago was magnificent (see separate review). Service from the concierge, porters, doormen, etc. was overall prompt and courteous: in short what I would expect from a hotel of this caliber.

Cons: Tough to come up with many…. I had some minor problems with the TV menu in my room (I’m usually used to a printed dossier that describes the hotel’s services) but that’s about it.

Summary: A traditional luxury hotel in the mold of The National in Moscow or the Grand Bretagne in Athens. I would definitely stay here again and am looking forward to a future visit in the years to come. Those looking for a modern ultra-luxe (spa, pool, faux golden lions, etc.) experience may be disappointed but should stay at the Hilton Cavalieri anyways! If The Hassler is good enough for Audrey Hepburn it’s good enough for me. Thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having spent your time at the Hassler while in Rome, but also for having taken time to share your comments concerning the stay.

It was a pleasure to extend your words of appreciation to the entire team. I always expect staff to do their best to make each stay as enjoyable and memorable as possible, so I am pleased to read that with you, we succeeded!

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Long Branch, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the moment we arrived, our two night stay at the Hassler could not have been better! We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary in the Imago Restaurant on the top floor and the service, food and ambience could not have been better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from the Eternal City!

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hassler, while in Rome, but also for having decided to celebrate your 15th wedding anniversary at Imàgo.

My goal is to always offer perfection in service and ambience so I appreciated you sharing your satisfaction.

I hope the future reserves you many other special moments to celebrate with us.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Walk out the hotel door, down the steps to one of the many shopping areas. It is a perfect location. This hotel has an old world charm. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was clean which is one of the things that is most important to me. The bathroom and closet were quite large, nice if there is more than one person in the room. The room service was ok. I arrived in Rome on my first night of my European vacation so needless to say I was exhausted and just wanted someone to bring me dinner. I thought that since I was in Italy the pasta would be amazing. Not so much for the room service pasta that I ordered. It wasn't bad, but just ok. I did however enjoy the breakfast buffet. I would recommend this hotel is nothing else to get a great workout in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler while in Rome and also for your beautiful comments of praise.

Since my aim is to be able to meet every client’s expectation, your note about the staff, the room, and the breakfast gave me great satisfaction and would like you to know that I have passed on your compliments. Likewise, I have alerted room service concerning your opinion and asked for improvement.

President and Managing Director

Been to Hotel Hassler? Share your experiences!