“Gorgeous and elegant experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eden - Dorchester Collection

You added Hotel Eden - Dorchester Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Eden - Dorchester Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Ludovisi 49, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #72 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa
“Gorgeous and elegant experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Hotel Eden was an absolute beautiful hotel in a great location.
As soon as we arrived, they upgraded us to a marvelous 2 bedroom suite; we did not want to leave the room! Beautiful roof-top restaurant/bar with a marvelous view of Rome.
I would highly recommend staying here if you want luxury!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Very comfortable hotel in a great location about 5 minutes away from the Spanish Steps. I was traveling with my 9 month old son and felt that the service was impeccable and kind to a single woman and her child. The room was luxurious (linen sheets in the crib were a little over the top) and I appreciated having a bathtub as I bathed the baby daily since we got so gritty walking around every day. It was VERY expensive, but you get what you pay for. I didn't use any of the amenities b/c it was so expensive (internet, laundry, room service), but did think the concierage was very good, as you would expect from a hotel this caliber.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
newyork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I really liked this hotel, the room was gorgeous and the location is great. Single rooms are really single rooms, full bed but small closet... did not bother me, but you could not unpack a large suitcase into that closet. Immediate neighborhood much nicer than the Hotel Grand. Have a drink on the terrace bar. The view is spectacular and staff outstanding. Concierge was nice, more businesslike than Hotel Grand.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Los angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Lovely, quiet boutique hotel. We were upgraded to a suite (starwood members), and our kids had a standard room next door. Both were very comfortable and luxurious. We didn't eat at the restaurants, but we had drinks twice in the rooftop bar -- a wonderful experience.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Katy, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I felt very welcome and attended to while at Hotel Eden. The staff was friendly, attentive and went that extra mile. The rooms were exquisite. The location is fantastic! Bravo!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2009. We used starpoints to pay for the room. We found it cute and elegant but not WOW. After a long travel day and jet lagged, we were woken up at 12:30am by a garbage truck that lasted for over 30 minutes and couldn't go back to sleep until 5am. We were facing the rear of the hotel. Not a bad location, just if you need to sleep after a long travel day. I think the hotel had better rooms for 20K starpoints a night but we weren't presented with anything better and I don't like to beg, being a gold member starwood hotels always mention that I received a free upgrade but this one didn't. The concierge and front desk were fine. I will mention I slipped in the bathtub and the luckily the shower curtain saved me from certain serious injury. Its a small tub curved sharply on both sides so you have to try and balance on one leg while showering. The location is perfect and the best feature. Some nice restaurants nearby and the Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain are within 10 min walking distance. It was a nice finale to our two nights in Rome. I will also mention that the internet is ok. We ended up using their business center which consists of two old computers. It was fine for our use but for a hotel of this stature and the price, they could do better. The wi-fi in the lobby wasn't working for us either. No internet from the room which is also not good since many of the starwood luxury and Le Meridien hotels have nice systems. The bed was not good and the linen was scratchy. The Superior room was small located on the 4th floor. The hotel is elegant but I didn't feel funny wearing jeans and nice shirt when others were wearing gowns and suits. I would stay here again but ask for a room facing a different street. This part of Rome is awesome and Romantic. Their restaurant on the 6th floor is a must. We spent a nice hour at their lounge with live piano and singing, taking in the beautiful view at night with a couple of drinks, for 24 euros.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

To begin, my husband is a Starwood Preferred member, and we stayed at this hotel using points and paying less because of pricing we received on deals through Starwood. That being said, this hotel was incredible. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and gracious. We stayed for four nights, and each late afternoon after walking and touring all day, it was such a luxury to soak in the marvelous bath and nap in the quiet of the room situated next to a quaint courtyard. The concierge gave great recommendations for restaurants each night, and we were treated with overwhelming hospitality at the restaurants we visted when the concierge made reservations for us. One restaurant worth mentioning is Vineto where we had a superb meal with a wonderful host and waiting staff. The Eden is in a terrific location for sightseeing. My husband and I walked all over Rome, and found it very easy to get around. The views from the restaurant and bar are beautiful as is mentioned in other reviews. As far as the cleaning staff, I am not sure how many times the cleaning staff entered the room, but if we dirtied a towel, the next time we came to the room, a new one replaced it. The room was spotless. The room size was also a welcome surprise since we had read that most hotel rooms in Rome were small compared to American standards. The room we were in was quite large and the bathroom was beautiful. Knowing we were coming back to this hotel each night made our stay in Rome that much more enjoyable. Lastly, I would not think that this hotel is one for small children or teens. I think it would be more for couples or people in Rome on business.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Eden - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!