“Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
AZ
“Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I booked Albergo after reading reviews online here and also elsewhere on the web. I wanted a centrally-located hotel with full services. While the hotel does not offer a full restaurant, the breakfast is included (delicious and sufficient) and they are accommodating about providing tea, etc. in the afternoon.
The view is astounding, and while the room I stayed in (which had not been renovated) would not qualify as a 3-star hotel in the U.S., it was clean and perfectly adequate (although the shower needs some work!) There are shutters to reduce the noise from the piazza below, which can be considerable, but I am a light sleeper and it never affected me. The bed is rock-hard, however, so if you need a little cushion, grab the duvet from the closet and place it under the sheet.
What makes this hotel so terrific is the service. At every turn, the staff are kind, welcoming, and accommodating of every need. I consulted them for directions, recommendations, travel advice, and they could not have been kinder. From the chamber maid to the front desk clerk, I felt that everyone in the hotel did everything they could to make my stay an enjoyable one. Mauro, especially, went out of his way to find charming places for me to dine.
I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

2,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor and the location. I loved this hotel! The location is superb. It is in the city center or Rome and in front of the best preserved Roman monument the Pantheon-A roman symbol. The the front reception staff impressed me. Mauro and Alessandra were most helpful during our visit. They recommended great places to eat at night. Amongst the best recommendations was Osteria del Sostengo in Via delle Colonnelle which we visited twice. The Albergo has an excellent breakfast that includes bread, an egg dish, fruits, juice, meats, cheese and excellent made at the moment cappuccino, coffee, etc. Adem in the breakfast area most graciously prepared many cappuccinos for us! We stayed in a triple room (110) we were traveling with our daughter. It faced a busy small street and Rome is very busy in April so at times it was loud but if the window was closed the noise was to a minimum. The hotel must be well insulated because we heard no noise from the other rooms at any time. My parents were staying at a room facing the Pantheon (104)--gorgeous room. The rooms were very clean and the maintenance staff takes pride in what they do. This is a small hotel but they really take pride in what they do. It has a small bar that serves drinks in the afternoon until 11:30 pm. Claudio was working at the bar while we were visiting and he was very gracious with my parents (hot chocolate for my mother, Remy Martins for my dad and wine for me!). He made the end of a long day very pleasant for us. In summary I really enjoyed my stay at the Albergo del Senato. I would stay again at this location if visiting Rome for pleasure and for a vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We had a room overlooking the dome of the Pantheon, which is indescribable! I wanted to stay in the hotel almost all the time, just looking down on the Pantheon and the lively square from my window!

The service was first-class, including the breakfast, where staff were always available to get you whatever you wanted and bring it to your table. The staff were very friendly and smiley, and all spoke great English. The rooms were spotless and the bed very comfortable. If I ever return to Rome, and I hope I do, I will not look anywhere else.

P.S. My only disappointment was that their rooftop restaurant was closed when I was there, as it only opens in the summer season.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

What can you say? Superb location and nothing at all to point the finger at. The staff and service at this hotel is fantastic. Its not the cheapest hotel in Rome of course, but its worth every Euro.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We booked this hotel because of the reviews and were not dissapointed. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed by the staff. They are all helpful, warm and friendly and willing to help if needed. They even arranged our fantastic tour guide Franco to show us the sights of ancient Rome. Excellent service by everyone.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and vey comfortable and clean. The views from both rooms were fantastic (603/608) and you really felt part of Rome when looking out from the balcony. Breakfast was lovely with lots to choose from and the room was lovely to sit in and relax before our day of touring Rome.
It was a shame the roof terrace was not yet open as we had great weather and would have enjoyed sitting admiring the views at the end of our day or sightseeing.
We would love to return again and would stay here with no hessitation and recommend it to our friends and family too.
Thank you to all at Albergo del Senato for your excellent hospitality

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

just returned from a weekend in Rome chose this hotel because of the reviews on here and wasn't disappointed. Location excellent, clean & staff friendly and helpful. All in all a wonderful trip.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We only spent 2 nights at the Senato and I wish our stay had been longer. The staff at the front desk were all very welcoming and genuinely warm and friendly (not to mention, helpful) and the rest of the staff seemed happy to be there. The housekeeper had a friendly smile on her face as did the attendant in the breakfast room.

The hotel is decorated in the grand Italian tradition with plenty of marble and wallpaper. I believe it's a 3 star hotel, but decor was 4 star all the way.

The rooms seemed to be a good size in comparison to some other European hotel rooms, and they were elegantly appointment and very comfortable. The TV had loads and loads of channels in many different languages and the bathrooms were modern with a tub and shower.

Our room was a triple, and while we did not have a view of the Pantheon, we could open our window and look out a the little side street below. My daughter really enjoyed this view.

We had breakfast on two mornings. The first morning, we missed service in the dining room due to oversleeping in the comfortable beds. But the hotel brough us room service for free. The second morning's breakfast included many nice offerings including a frittata, cereal, yogurt, juice, and other things we didn't have a chance to try.

I would heartily recommend this hotel to any friend and especially friends with children, as the staff seemed to like them. They even loaned my 8 year old a Rome With Kids book to use for the duration of her stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Albergo del Senato? Share your experiences!